ice cream

22 DAYS BEFORE PROM

fr: luke
hey pretty petal

fr: luke
friends: s5, ep16, 11:26

it's currently math period, and luke has been texting me non stop.

and by non stop i mean not less than 5 texts per minute non stop.

i turn my phone on discreetly and reply for the first time, hoping he'd stop.

to: luke
cut it out

i set my phone down and try really hard to listen to this lecture, since i'm definitely not attaining the marks i want for this class.

unfortunately, my phone vibrates twice in a row, and i look down to read the messages.

fr: luke
whyyy :-(

fr: luke
talk to meee

mind you, we're literally seated across each other. i don't know why he's bugging me so much.

to: luke
go talk to your other girls. stop bugging me i'm tryna listen

to my surprise, luke puts his phone back in his pocket, sets his elbows down on the desk, and plants his face on his palms.

fucking finally.

i continue trying my best to listen to the lecture, but then i get distracted instantly by the sound of luke sighing loudly, obviously wanting me to hear it.

i ignore it, and continue trying to listen.

after a few seconds, he sighs again. louder this time.

alright, that's it.

i tap him on his shoulder, and he instantly whips his head towards me. i'm instantly looking at a pair of ocean-blue eyes.

"what do you want, hemmings?" i whisper, just wanting him to stop bugging me. his sighing has started to bug the people around us, too.

"can you join me for ice cream later?" he asks, then pouts like a little kid.

is he for real?

"fine, whatever," i answer right away, wanting this to get over with, "is that it?"

"yup." he smiles cheekily, then turns his head back towards the blackboard.

absolutely unbelievable.

"sunny, wait up!" luke says, then grabs me gently by the arm, "you said we could get ice cream today." he pouts like a little kid, and i instantly feel guilty for forgetting about it so quickly.

"right," i say as we start to walk down the hallway, "let's go."

we begin walking, and as usual, people make way for luke. i hate having this much attention, but i really did see this coming.