black hair tie

6:16am

"this, luke, is how i intend to take you back. to make you believe that everything i did for you were real, that everything i felt for you– and still do are real,"

i exhale slowly as i read the small and organized handwriting that's undeniably vada's.

i always told her that before, whenever we'd do homework together, that her handwriting looks like it came straight out of a computer. it was the kind of handwriting that looks like it's been typed out, in italics, even.

"there are various items here inside this box, along with a corresponding letter which will explain why i chose that object, and how it's going to prove that how i felt–feel for you is real,"

i look over to the inside of the box, then over to the various things all piled up, waiting for me to find out what their significance is.

my eyes trail over on the neat stack of letters placed on the corner of the box, each having a label matching with an object.

"i can't do any grand gesture for you, let alone speak to you in person because of the people surrounding you,"

fern.

"but i hope you can feel my sincerity through this box i put together for you, along with my words for you sprawled across every page,"

"i hope that as you read letter after letter, as you go through object after object, that i'm able to remind you just how much you mean to me,"

fuck. i haven't even started yet, and i already know i'm going to cry at some point.

i hear a whimper from next to me, and i spot petunia with her head cocked to the side as she looks at me.

"i'm okay," i smile at her, reaching out my hand to pat the top of her head, "i'm okay."

i take a deep breath in and out to compose myself before continuing.

"i have to mention, though, that i believe in the saying that "you either have the feeling or you don't," which is why i'm giving you a deadline,"

my eyebrows furrow automatically as soon as i read those words. deadline?

"in 24 hours, you need to give me an answer. not an answer of yes, you'll get back together with me, but an answer if you're willing to try again or not. if you're willing to try to trust me again. if you're willing to stay once more, as i continue to prove myself to you for the days to come,"

"i'm not asking you to get back together with me. i'm asking for you to give me a chance to show you why you should,"

i sigh as i run a hand through my hair, feeling fully awake now as i read word after word.

"as i write this, it's currently 12:09am. at the rate ashton and i are going with finding things and putting them together in this box, i think we'll finish at around 5:30am, knowing ashton's short attention span, and knowing how much i'm going to cry in between,"

"then, we'll drive to your apartment, and plop this down on the floor, causing us to ring the doorbell at around 6:01am,"

"but knowing how much of a heavy sleeper you are, you'll probably wake up to the sound of the doorbell at around 6:03am, get up from bed at around 6:04am, and answer the door by then,"

"but by then, ashton and i will be long gone. you'll be left standing in your hoodie and boxers for about two minutes, debating on whether or not you'll bring the box inside or just ignore it,"

i start chewing on my bottom lip. she knows me so well.

"but you'll bring the box inside, as long as you spot the two doodles i drew for you,"

i exhale, shaking my head sideways, since it was exactly what happened earlier.

"by the time you bring the box to your room, it's 6:06am, and you remembered you haven't peed or washed your face yet. you do those things first, and then it's time to make your morning coffee,"

i chuckle to myself, looking over at the mug of coffee i had prepared a few minutes ago next to me.

"then you'll open the box, and start reading this letter. you'll read it, and by the time you're done reading this, the 24 hours will start,"

"i'll give you 24 hours, luke, to decide if you're willing to give me a chance or not, because, as i said, you either have the feeling or you don't,"

"after all this, after you've read every word and seen every object, you'll either have the feeling that you want to give me a chance, or you won't. simple, yet so complicated at the same time. but it's no doubt that those are the only two possible outcomes,"

"if you decide to give me a chance, you can give this box back to me. you know where to find me, i'll be waiting for you 24 hours from now,"

"but if you decide otherwise, that what we had can no longer be fixed, then i'll try my best to understand. you can do whatever you want with this box. burn it, throw it away, if you want to forget about me, do that. i won't stop you anymore,"

"by the time you close this letter, i'm certain the time will be 6:22am. that's the time i'll be expecting you to meet me tomorrow, if you want to give me a chance."

"i'll respect whatever decision you make."

she signed the paper with the usual petal and sun, and that was the end of the letter. no more fancy words at the end. everything was just straight to the point.

i check the time on my digital clock, and widened my eyes at the time. 6:22am.

i hold the paper in between my fingertips for longer, debating on whether or not i'll give in to this.

should i? am i ready to put myself through whatever this all is? will i really give in to whatever game vada wants us to play?

of course i will.

she's vada, for fucks sake.

i take a deep breath in and out again, mentally and emotionally preparing myself for whatever situation i'm about to put myself in. here goes nothing. and everything.

i put the first letter down, position myself more comfortably on the carpet, and begin looking inside the box for the first object that'll catch my eye.

before i know it, my fingertips are grasping on a single, small item.

a single black hair tie.

6:24am

youre an og if u remember where the hair tie's from 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

ALSO...of course there's a countdown involved...this is bth hunnies

- au