Chapter Ten: Euphoria

"Happy birthday, Ggukie."

Taehyung beamed, standing next to Jeongguk, who has the biggest pout on his face.

"You're late, TaeTae," Jeongguk turned towards the black-haired boy, who furrowed his brows.

"I already opened Sehun's gift." He added, when his eyes fall on Taehyung's hand.

Taehyung bits his inner cheek, and handed Jeongguk it's birthday present.

"Sorry Ggukie but I had to complete my homework," Taehyung scratches his nape, and sits on the sofa which was covered with confetti.

Jeongguk smiled and patted Taehyung's head gently.

"It's okay TaeTae,"

Taehyung chuckled. "What's your age now, shorty?"

"Ggukie is seven years old now, and don't worry I will be taller than you." Jeongguk said, with a pout.

Taehyung start laughing while shaking his head.

"TaeTae!" Jeongguk whispers, and looked around him. He notice his and Taehyung's parents were busy in talking with each other.

"Let's go to my room, I have something for us," He whispers, cutely glancing up at Taehyung.

Jeongguk again looked towards his parents, and slowly tiptoed towards his room while Taehyung was following him.

Jeongguk grasped Taehyung's wrist and pushed him into his room, and again checked around before closing the door of his room.

"TaeTae," Jeongguk called.

Taehyung scrunched his nose in confusion as he was sits on the bed. "What?" He let out.

"I've saved the biggest piece of the cake for us."

A smile slipped out from Taehyung's face at the cuteness of Jeongguk.

"Hold it," Jeongguk handed the plate of the cake to Taehyung. And climbed on the bed.

Jeongguk sits on the bed with crossed legs and put down the gift box on his lap, and starts unwrapping the gift box.

Taehyung grinned broadly and looked down the plate of the cake. He cut a piece of cake with the help of a fork and lift up it infront Jeongguk's mouth.

"Say ah, Ggukie."

Jeongguk glance up and blinked his eyes at Taehyung before opening his mouth.

Taehyung feed him the piece of cake.

The innocent love which sparkles into their heart were still unknown for them.

But they knew that they can't stay away from each other.

++++

After 2 years later

"Just call me, if someone bully you, okay?" Taehyung gently pat Jeongguk's head. Jeongguk enrolled into Taehyung's school when he turned nine.

"No! You will call me if someone bully you," Jeongguk said, glancing up at Taehyung, who scoffed.

"Nah, shorty. It's my duty to protect you, I am your senior,"

"Okay, bye. I will see you during our lunch break," Taehyung was about to leave as the bell rings, indicating for the new class.

"Taehyungie," Jeongguk called, which caused Taehyung to paused on his tracks.

Taehyung turned and lift his brow at Jeongguk.