12

We arrive back at his pent house in the city. I welcome the warm air of the lobby. It's a nice difference from the bitter cold outside.

"Let's get you warmed up shall we Texan girl," Xander teases, a smirk on his face. He takes my hand in his and leads us to the elevators.

I watch as our suitcases are being brought into the hotel by bellboys. I wonder to myself how Xander ever feels comfortable with someone else doing every little thing for him. He never has to lift a finger if he doesn't want too.

I chuckle to myself as a man in uniform presses the button for us in the elevator. Xander gives me an odd look, but I ignore it.

We stand in silence as the elevator climbs up and up. By the time we leave there's a cloud of tension hovering over us. I think the man and I are the only ones to notice it.

"Goodbye, have a good day," I tell the man as we walk to the door of Xander's pent house.

The man's face lights up in a smile, as if it's the greatest thing he's heard all day. "You as well Miss." The elevator doors close, leaving me alone with a silent Xander in the hallway as he fumbles with the keypad to unlock the door.

"Why did you say anything to him," I ask Xander. "Even a goodbye would have sufficed."

Xander finally gets the door open. When he pushes it with more force then he needs too, I realize something is bothering him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to get between you two," he grumbles, with an edge to his voice.

I close the door behind me with more gentleness than Xander had opened it with. "What are you talking about?"

Xander turns his back towards me as he heads for the kitchen. His feet stomp into the floor with such anger he might crack the tile.

"Xander," I call after him. My feet carry me to the kitchen with him, where Xander has already found a bottle of whiskey and popped it open. He looks at the bottle for a second, almost thinking about drinking from it. On second thought he grabs a cup from the cupboard.

"Glad to know you aren't a barbarian," I mutter. I receive a harsh glare in exchange. "Can you tell me what kind of stick is up your ass? Do they sell it at the store, or is an online only kind of stick?"

Xander slams the bottle of whiskey on the counter. His lips curl similar to a lion ready to pounce on its prey. "Maybe I wouldn't be acting like this if you knew some boundaries!"

"I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Please inform so at least two people can know what the hell is going on!"

Xander takes two large steps towards me, his hands out in front of him. "I am trying, Aria. I thought you were too." Suddenly, his look of anger is replaced by desperation.

"Xander," I say softly. I reach out to lay my palm on his cheek. "Please tell me what's bothering you."

Xander closes his eyes tightly and bites his lip, almost as if he's trying to contain himself. After releasing a big breath, Xander admits, "I saw you staring at my employee in the elevator." He opens his eyes, revealing a sad gray cloud. "It was like your eyes were glued to him the entire time. I've been trying so hard for the past two months to make this work between us, to make you fall in love with me. I thought I was doing a good-"

I step back from him, surprising him enough to stop talking. "Xander Stavros," I growl. "I told you I loved you weeks ago! That hasn't changed! And are you really that stupid to think I would be checking out a forty year old man with a half head of hair, especially when you, a greek god, is standing right next to me? God Xander! I was staring at him because I was wondering how you could be so rich you never have to do anything yourself, ever!"

Xander's eyes light up into a bright gray, almost blue, as a smile spreads across his face. He steps towards me, until I'm backed up against the counter behind me.

"There is one thing that I have to do myself," he whispers, leaning in close to me.

In an instance I forget how to breathe; how to exist.

"What's that," I manage to sputter out.

He gently moves my hair hanging off my shoulder, to my back. He then lays a kiss on the base of my neck, hard enough for it to send tingles through my body but soft enough for me to want more. Whispering in my ear, he says, "Make love to you."

...

My heartbeat races out of control, my breathing heavy as I try to calm down. I have to clamp my hand on my waist to try to soothe out a cramp. I laugh to myself. I can't believe I got a cramp. Of course the laughing only makes it hurt more.

I watch as Xander comes back into the living room from the bathroom, a towel in hand. My eyes wander over his naked body, taking it all in. I laugh to myself again. I just did take it all in.

A smile spreads across Xander's lips. "What's so funny?"

I hid my smile with a pillow behind my head on the couch. "Nothing, just thinking."

Xander comes to kneel between my spread legs. With his hands on each of my knees and a smirk on his face he says, "Thinking about how you want to go again?"

I have to bite my lip from begging him. "Maybe," I mumble.

"Mmm, but I want to taste you this time," he purrs. I nearly faint at his words. He bends down as I close my eyes. Seconds go by but I feel nothing at all.

"Xander," I call out in a sultry voice.

"Um honey," he says with an awkward tone. "I think you got your period."

My eyes shoot open to look down between my legs. Sure enough, there's blood on his expensive white couch. A lot. My face goes white.

"It's okay, it's okay," he assures, getting off the couch. He lays the towel he brought with him between my legs. "No need to be embarrassed. It happens."

"Xander," I whisper. "I'm not on my period."

"Well you are now," he chuckles.

I grab his hand to stop him from getting the towel anywhere near me. "Xander I had my period two weeks ago. It is very unlikely that this is period blood."

Xander's face goes from playful to scared to serious in a matter of moments.

"Hospital," he asks.

I nod my head, my stomach aching with worsening cramps. "Hospital."