Let Freedom Ring

If the Avengers had won in Infinity War AU

All around America, families gather in parking lots, fields and other areas to watch the fireworks display. Proudly celebrating their liberation of the British in 1776 and their freedom ever since. People around the nation assume that the Avengers are doing the same thing. And they are, but they also have a special birthday to celebrate. Captain America's.

Steven Grant Rogers celebrates his 102nd birthday today, July fourth, surrounded by those he loves and cherishes most. His wife, sister, his brother in law, his niece and toddler nephew are just the few that joined him in the morning to start his birthday off right. Mary making their mother's famous birthday apple pie for her big brother with the help of her daughter Becca, while Bucky and his one two year old son, Jamie, run with Steve on his morning run through the forest surrounding the compound.

Little does the Captain know, that his wife is planning something huge with the help of one Sam Wilson and Mary Rogers- Barnes. Evelyn Erskine had been planning this day for two months. She wanted it to be remembered. And Mary would help her apprentice in any way she could.

While Bucky was keeping Steve distracted outside of the compound, a birthday bash was being unfolded and set up in the main living room of the compound. Every Avenger was helping, they all wanted their Captain Rogers to enjoy his birthday. For his birthday wasn't always something he wanted to celebrate.

Steve often thought his birthday should be celebrated on the third or fifth of July. Mary knew why, she always knew what was ticking inside of her brother's head. He never liked his birthday sharing the same date as his country's birthday. Captain America's birthday is the same as the day the United States of America's birth of freedom from the British. He thought it was cliche. Unnecessary. He was teased as a boy because of it. And when he donned the title of Captain America, he didn't enjoy it at all. People thought it was made up, his birthday being on Fourth of July. Thought it was a stunt for publicity.

But his family knew.

His teammates knew.

And his wife knew.

They wanted this year to be one that would change his mind about his birthday, that it was okay to celebrate both his birthday and the national holiday. Evelyn more than most wanted her beloved Captain to celebrate himself like she always did. She had plans for just the two of them after the party she and the rest were throwing for him dwindled. Time just for the two of them, which they rarely got these days. Steve always out on missions, the left side of the bed always cold to the touch when Evelyn would reach for her husband. The couple knew they needed days to themselves, but getting time off was a tricky thing to actually achieve.

But while things were getting ready back at the compound, Bucky was keeping his brother in law distracted while also keeping his son happy. "How does it feel being 102?" Bucky quipped with a sly smirk on his face.