5: ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙᴇᴀɴ

Start from the beginning

"Yes that's fine."

"Also, just to let you know, there's no guarantee that you'll have an ultrasound at this appointment. It depends on how far along you are. Is that okay?"

"Yes, that's fine."

"Alright then, we'll see you next week! Have a good day."

"You too."

Hanging up, I sit down on the couch in slight shock. Next week, everything will become reality.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

One Week Later

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's me."

"Hey you, what's up?"

"I'm.. I'm nervous Liam."

"What? Why are you nervous?"

"Well, I'm sitting in my car, outside of the doctor's office and I'm just really fucking nervous! I don't know what to expect."

"I see. Well, expect that you get to see your baby and that you will recieve guidance. You can do it El, there's no need to be nervous."

I sigh and rest my head against the seat. "I guess your right."

Liam scoffs, "I'm always right! You should listen to me more."

That gets a laugh out of me, and I feel a bit better. "Yeah sure."

"Listen, it'll be great, okay? Call me when it's over."

"Okay, love you Li."

"Love you too, El."

After we hang up, I immediately get my purse and get out of the car before I lose my nerve. I walk into the hospital like building, and take the elevator to the second floor.

I spot Dr. Watson's name on a door, in gold lettering, at the end of the hall. This is it.

Opening the door, I avoid looking at the waiting room and walk over to the front desk.

A pretty woman with blonde hair sits at the desk in scrubs. When she sees me, she gives me a small smile. "Hello, how may I help you today?"

"My name is Ellisandra Styles and I have an appointment at 10 o'clock."

"Okay Mrs. Styles, please sign in and have a seat. Someone will call you back in a little while."

"Okay, thank you."

I sign in quickly and turn to face the waiting room. The walls are pale yellow with posters of the different stages of pregnancy displayed throughout. The room is pretty big with a lot of plush chairs. There's only a few people here this morning, which makes me feel a little more relaxed. Very pregnant looking women, and women who don't even look pregnant are spread throughout the room. I sit beside the magazine shelf and pick up a random parenting one.

I'm looking at the magazine, but I'm not seeing it. My mind is running a mile a minute and my body is ready to sprint out the door.