3: ғɪɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ

When I wake up the next morning, I find myself ravenously hungry, so I decide to cook a big breakfast

When I wake up the next morning, I find myself ravenously hungry, so I decide to cook a big breakfast. Before I go downstairs, I make sure to put on a long sleeved shirt to hide the gauze, along with shorts. I decide to wait on brushing my teeth because I'd rather not taste toothpaste with my food.

I'm going to try to be happier from now on, even if I have to force myself. Fake it till I make it. I have to do something, or else this sadness will consume me. I briefly thought about going to a therapist, but I can't trust any therapist to tell everything to. Plus, I'm not crazy, so I don't even need it.

When I go down to the kitchen, I remember that I never went grocery shopping, so we have no food in the house.

"Ugh!" Trudging over to the refrigerator anyway, I want to see how big it is so I know what it can fit.

When I open the large silver fridge, my jaw drops.

Fresh food, packed to the brim, some practically falling out. "W-what? How?" I'm in a daze as I stare at the fully stocked vessel. Then I notice a yellow sticky note stuck to a carton of orange juice.

I figured you and your sister would be too exhausted to shop, so I picked you up a couple of things! Enjoy. -Mrs.P

Mrs.Prince? Why would she-? When did she-? This is definitely not a couple of things. Then it dawns on me.

Yesterday when I was late meeting her, she was walking out of the house with some bags. I wasn't really paying attention then, but now I know what she was doing.

My emotions overcome me as happy tears trail down my cheeks. I have to send that sweet woman a thank you gift and pay her back for this.

Wiping my eyes, I get out the ingredients I need, and start cooking.

It takes about an hour to cook everything that I'm craving. Just as I'm almost done, Daria sleepily enters the kitchen and plops herself down at the table.

"Ellie, why are you up so early? It's too early to even think, ugh." I smile at her. "I woke up hungry. Plus it's only 5:30, D."

"Only 5:30? My God woman, that baby is turning you into one of those annoying perky people in the morning!" She rests her head on the table and turns to look at me. "Are you human?"

I laugh at her ridiculousness. "Pfft, I'm definitely not a morning person, but I'll wake up at any hour for food."

"Well, I can't argue with that."

"Are you hungry? Everything is almost done."

"Of course I'm not going to say no."

"Alright then." I slide the last french toast onto the rest if the stack. "Done."

Daria walks over to the counter where the food lays, and she immediately grabs a plate and fills it up.

I fill my own plate up with one of everything, along with a mango, banana, pineapple, and cayenne pepper smoothie. Another thing I've been craving.