3. The Significance Of The Chosen Ones

It was said that the first thing that existed was light. Well...

"And the light was created by the Magician."

Tarik frowned. Not much to her liking, Tasia felt doing the same. Thinking the same.

"You mean the first thing that existed was a magician?"

Well, that was kind of ridiculous. No, It was extremely, utterly...

"Yes," Tara nodded grinning.

The walking they took as an all-of-a-sudden decision made them end up with her as an escort. Tasia didn't like much that development of the circumstances but couldn't object. The prince was currently on a private meeting with the king and until an hour they all had a free time to spare.

So, there they were - taking a walk around the so called Magic Temple of the Three Saints. There were in total three saints known in the long history of Hares. Two saintesses and one saint. The Temple was the place where they all lived at some point in their lives.

"The first one, Cassia, was believed to be the Creator. She brought the light and chased away the darkness in people's lives. After that the magic appeared."

"Just like that? From itself?" Asked confused Tarik.

"Oh, no, it was a pretty long process. Well, it might have been when the second one, Kai, appeared," Tara laughed as if it was something quite fun.

So, the king was called after the second priest, Kai. And Hazel's aunt, Casyopea, had a similar name to the first. It became much understandable to Tasia why her brother's name was so dangerous itself. To be called a 'Saint' was pretty dangerous for a defenseless baby.

"When did the third appear, lady Tara?" Keid asked curiously.

"Around two hundred years ago. She was the last before Liliana Sirmaya, the current Saintess," her lips pursed in an unpleasant way that Tasia noticed but couldn't point out why.

As for now Hares was a country that valued the king and magic the most. Thus the Great Priests were like gods to them and the Magic Temple of the Three Saints was a great monument to all citizens of Hares. Was there some kind if disaccord between Tara and the current Saintess? If so, it for sure was related with the king himself.

"You have heard her name, of course. There are many sellers that use it for selling their heeling products."

So, Tasia had heard of it. As a medic in the Royal Hospital of Syris she had always been connected with sellers of medicaments of large companies. But what was it then?

"She's called Anastasia. The last one is a myth more the first, though. Nothing is known about her other than her name and the year of her birth."

Keid and Tarik instinctively looked at her after hearing the name. Yeah, her mother wasn't very careful with picking her name. Well, it not only meant immortality, but was also the Third Priestess' name? What was she thinking really?

"Here we are!" Tara announced excitedly. It was like she was visiting the place for the first time in her life. "The Greatest of all greatest places in Hares - may I present you the Temple of the Three Priests."

His father was always saying something like: 'When you experience it, you'll know'. That was really annoying for Noah hearing all the passing years while being educated to be a proper ruler but now he knew.

He knew for sure what emperor Julius Kai de Lekrere meant by that.

"Do you mean that my people can't be trusted, Your Majesty?"

He was welcomed in the throne room again after four days of being in the Magic Kingdom but without a single escort. Why were they cautious of his party but there were a lot of people from the king's? The duke of Talis, the chancellor and the Court Magician.

Four people against one?

'Really?'

"I didn't say that, prince Noah. You will know why I asked you to meet me in private with my people only around."

As he was talking his people observed him silently. The only one with a warm expression was the magician, Hazel or Iria. The current foster sister of the king. She had met the prince when he was only five and saved his life. She was a person that always had a special place in his heart.

"Not many know that but I too have my people around me when necessary," the king said calmly. "You are young, prince Noah. Forgive my rudeness for not trusting your instincts. You need experience when choosing who will be staying along with you."

The simple and calm words angered Noah. So, he didn't trust him when it came about his chosen party? Well, that came from the famous king who was alongside with his mother as the Two Great Rulers that changed the world for the better. Noah didn't predict it but it was understandable.

"Do I have to comprehend that prince Derrick is also an untrusted person?"

The sudden question made the king laugh.

"You are an interesting child, prince."

"You are quite interesting, prince Noah."

"Enough to your liking?" His question made her laugh.

"If you can find something likable in a red eyed monster such myself, than I guess I am capable of such a thing about His Highness too."

"I do not underestimate you, prince. I just want to tell you something in a much private place. Great people suffer the most. You must know well how to choose your people."

"My people are already with me, Your Majesty."

"Oh, who do you mean? By any chance are you referring to the young son of marquess Nomick? Or the youngest child of the duke Bresner and my aunt's? Or do you mean the young lady that is rumoured to be your future fiancé and the next Empress?"

The duke's attention turned to the king slightly for a second. When Tasia was mentioned. Did he begin to doubt her? She was indeed his small copy. Her black straight hair was just like his, her face, she was even tall such as him, though she was still about fifteen cm shorter than Hoah who was quite tall himself. The only thing that differentiated were their eyes. As an owner of the royal blue eyes Tasia was indeed a child of a princess of Hares.

"Everyone. You too have surrounded yourself with quite powerful people and smart at that, Your Majesty. You will be able to understand me, I'm sure of that."