73. Gone

Leo had told her about the girl. About skills in sword-fighting she wasn't even average even after two years of training under Leo's command. And because of the short height and slim body, she couldn't help but have problems even with lifting the sword.

But – but – when it came to speed, she was incomparable. Her movements were as fast as light, one could say. Many knights admired this skill of hers. Even though so short, she could easily catch up to some of the fastest of the knights' squadron.

Leo was very proud of her when it came to this. Maybe that was why she had earned herself that name...

Rabit.

Running seemed to be a second nature to her. When Rinea stood up suddenly and flew away to the three about to be killed by dozens of arrows, her expression was so calm, so unabashed...

For once Tara saw what Rhys had seen in her when he had told her this girl was dangerous. Too much to be let freely go around. Too troublesome to be let out of sight.

Her skills, her knowledge, everything...if it wasn't for her low self-esteem, Rinea could easily overthrow every obstacle. She could be a worthy opponent of everyone in this Kingdom.

Tara chuckled, despite the scene unfolding before her. She was reckless. Becoming a traitor was not the future one would expect of someone as bright as her. Not from one that was the hidden genius, the brains behind many of the Crown Prince's achievements.

But maybe that was exactly why this was how it should be. It was suitable for her.

'She has chosen this future for herself.'

Rinea hadn't picked Rhys's attention for nothing.

'She's perfect...'

"Do you know why I have decided to call you here alone?"

"I have some suggestions."

Tara shrugged, sucking down every little detail of Rhys's figure. The time from when she had acted as the Head of the Interrogation Room had affected her for a life-long time or more. She was used to reading people easily...

"You cannot read me that easily, Tar."

The woman broke in laughter, "Of course not! You are the king after all."

"I hope this is not just a compliment."

"I hate empty flattery, you know that very well."

Licking someone's ass was not her job and wouldn't ever be.

"I called for you because of her."

"Damn, you were late! Do you know how much I was infuriated when I found out your son kicked her out of his party?! Rinea is such a sweety and does a great job, no, more than great!"

She glared at him, crossing her hands before her chest, "If you haven't called for me, I would have come here personally."

"Breaking into the king's office?"

His eyes looked at her with hilarity barely hidden. He lifted his hand and opened his tight fist, revealing a sweety treat. She stretched her hand and took the candy from his palm.

"Why not? My sweetheart's 'pset..."

She failed to pronounce the last word properly as she was currently unfolding the wrapping and putting the candy in her mouth.