72. Bravery And Action

Sounds of metal colliding with the floor filled the hall. And Rinea's ears.

So, there were not just guardsmen after all.

'Soldiers!'

Had they been secretly disguising themselves as some of the Nobles' and the Commoners' Faction? Their mana was faint and since Rinea didn't particularly train herself in using her ability to distinguish one's mana, it was only natural she wasn't able to tell there were people meaning harm to Yuriel.

"You have caused disturbance to the peace of our nation. The murder of thirty-nine priests is proven by the many testimonies we have gathered from citizens of the Kingdom. We don't lack on this side, you should be aware. But since you cannot read them, you can have one of your own to come and confirm on your behalf."

His speech was smooth and calm, but then why were all those soldiers unsheathed their swords? First of all, anyone deserved a proper lawsuit and since this was a crime that involved the whole nation all the more people had to oversee it and judge by themselves.

But they were well-aware that the Haresians would defend her despite all the accusations.

Rinea wasn't knowledgeable as to what happened to foreigners accused by the royal family, but since Yuriel was never proven to be such and it seemed they were trying to dispose of her like one of their own, then this meant they had never thought of proving her nationality.

Not that this served in their advantage.

'The king will never think of involving the Syrian Empress. That would mean a certain crack of his plans.'

And since Yuriel was like a slightly different copy of the girl prince Noah had known for years, this would surely be more advantageable for the Saintess' side than the Haresian royalty's.

"You don't need to trouble yourself. I won't confirm anything..."

Rinea pressed her sweaty fingers to the cool floor and tried taking small breathes. Inhale, exhale...inhale, exhale...

"What if I had killed them all? Do you think I'm here to deny your accusations? You went too far. I admit slaying the priests. Who would have killed them if not me?"

"Though, I do not understand the meaning of the victim that stands bravely here with us. Which victim are you referring to if I may ask? Perhaps...you mean one of those priests have managed to survive?"

"You have already heard her, Lady of the Temple. The person I was referring to is lady Tasia, the girl you are impersonating as."

"Oh...Really?"

"For the crimes against the nation, for disturbing His Majesty's peace of mind and taking advantage of House Talis' characteristics, you will now be sentenced by the king himself, in the presence of all the highest-ranking members of both Factions that weight the most in our Kingdom."

This silence was too heavy to bear...

"Now then, You Majesty, I have ended my speech and I await your sentence as well as all present."

"...Thank you for your hard work, Crown Prince."

This was it...

Rinea had no time to spare anymore.

She had thought it thoroughly. Why Yuriel had done nothing but speak. Her companions didn't try to help her when she had her blindfolding taken away by Tasia. And now the king was to make his final judgement, but they stayed still even now?

'It can only mean one thing...'

Touching the floor, she concentrated a small ball of mana, artificial way of deducting the change in the environment. It also went as a useful way of defining the mana waves in a close area.