1. A Genius Or A Future Empress Suits The Most?

"It's such a pity that we cannot use transportation magic."

"It's amazing that Syris knows of the existence of magic at all," Tasia said nonchalantly.

"You sure you're okay?"

"A little rude but fine, right?" Tarik said grinning.

Tasia glared at him. Then she looked at the First Prince of the great Empire of Syris and said:

"If it wasn't for your request I would have never agreed to spend even a minute with this..."

"Charming, smart, geniusly..."

"Stupid..."

Keid broke in laughter all of a sudden.

"See? Even my knight is in shock with that behaviour of yours."

The Crown Prince did nothing to stop their argument simply because of the fact that he was already used to their fights. It was a year and a half ago when they first met. Due to a broken sprayer in the Royal Garden Tasia was soaking wet and Tarik used that to make a funny joke. That angered her and later on they argued for an hour or so. That was the beginning and it seemed they didn't intend to fix their behavior or change their relationship. They were like a cat and a dog.

"Do you think that excuse of yours will work?" Tasia asked all of a sudden.

"We will see. Is there something troubling you?"

She frowned a little at the prince's answer but remained silent.

"Are you okay, milady?"

"I am perfectly fine."

"Just a little pretending, nothing more," Tarik added grinning.

Tasia glared at him and once again made an offensive remark about his attitude.

'Will there ever be a day when they would talk casually with each other like normal friends?', the Crown Prince thought deep in himself.

The king of Hares was a pretty young man compared to a normal ruler's lifespan. He was probably around his late thirties, though unmarried and with no children that possessed his own blood. Around four years ago he sentenced his wife, the former queen of Hares, Leanna, to death because of treason and murder. After that two years later he adopted a child that was said to be the heir of the throne.

That boy, who was currently in his fourteen year of life, was standing next to king Rhys Kai de Akrara when the delegation of Syris introduced themselves.

"Greetings, Your Majesty, the king of the Magic Kingdom," the prince said bowing slightly. "This is my party. My advisor, Tarik de Nomick, the royal medical genius, Scarlet de Luna, and the loyal knight, Keid de Bresner."

"Welcome to my humble country, prince Noah Aelius de Lekrere and dear Syrisians," the smile of the king made all worries of Tasia disappear.

She knew too well that this was a man who she could truly trust. But seeing his reassuring smile made her wonder if he was actually an angel descended from heaven.

"We are honoured to present you a part of the world that is unknown to Syris. During your stay you can visit all the monuments that are significant to us, magicians. My court magician and sister, Hazel, can explain you everything if you ask. You can also receive help from everyone here, in Hares."

He then continued, introducing his son, Derrick Cassian de Lekrere, his chancellor and the first duke of the Kingdom.

"Forgive my rudeness, but did you really say medical genius?", asked the chancellor.

Tasia looked at him questionably.

"How old are you, lady?"

The question made her think: 'Does he even remember my name or the word genius was the only think he was able to hear of all?'

"Fourteen, sir."

'Ha! That was fast!'

'Shut up! You are only the king's adopted son, so don't interfere, please!'

She sighed annoyedly. Her twin was causing problems again. It was hard for her to concentrate even after a literally whole life using this type of communication with him.

"... nd you have achieved that much?! Incredible!"

Tasia was about to shut that fuss about her achievements when the prince made things worse.

"Indeed, she is the best from all. An excellent candidate."

"Candidate for what?"

"Oh, does he mean..."

"A princess..."

The mutterings among the few nobles allowed to oversee the meeting between the delegation and the king made their way to Tasia's ears.

"The selection has started?", asked the king in curiosity.

'You didn't tell me anything about that,' said her twin not so satisfied about the idea of the princess selection and his sister.

'It's not important. Do you think I would like to sit on a throne and rule a whole empire?'

"There is someone who does, though."

It was true. The Empress and the Emperor really thought she was perfect for the role. Not only was she a representative of the Royal Temple and both a healer and a doctor, but she was also really smart and good at making assumptions about politics.

"So you brought with yourself the next Empress?", asked a woman in her mid thirties with a cunning smile.

That question made Tasia almost poke.

"It's nothing like that!"

"The selection will be held in three years," the prince answered the king's question.

"So you wait for the girl to become an adult? You must really dote on her."

Tasia choked suddenly not being able to witness all this silently.

"Milady? You okay?", asked hurriedly Keid moving fast next to her.

She was fine, though...

"Noah..."

The prince heard that low name she said in full anger and hurried to add:

"It's simply because I want some time before the selection."

"... Is that so?", the woman that began to play on Tasia's nerves said playfully.

She was no ordinary person. And with that fuss around the two Tasia was feeling awful because Cassian stayed strangely silent.

'SAY SOMETHING!'