xxxviii.

- - -
i believe in heaven. i also believe in hell. i've never seen either, but i believe they exist.
- - -

chloe is walking through seattle grace hospital, her hands stuffed into her lab coat pocket, when mark turns a corner and begins walking alongside her.

"dr. sloan," chloe greets.

"dr. altman," mark nods.

the two of them continue to walk side by side until they reach on call room, where they stop and mark leans forward to push open the door.

"after you, dr. altman," mark smirks, holding the door open for the blonde.

"thank you, dr. sloan," chloe smiles, brushing past him to enter, and he follows close behind her.

- - -
they have to exist because without a heaven, without a hell, we're all just headed for limbo.
- - -

outside the on call room, where chloe's moans from inside echo loudly, lexie grey is leaning against the wall, along with two other interns- steve and dani.

"don't even tell me," ryan, another intern, groans as he approaches his classmates.

"locked," lexie confirms.

"people sleeping or-?" ryan begins to enquire, but he soon cuts himself off when he notices the other interns' disgruntled expressions, and hears mark moaning whilst chloe giggles. "why do i bother asking."

"this is ridiculous," dani shakes her head. "i need sleep."

lexie folds her arms across her chest and leans back against the wall as the moaning continues for several more moments. however, the moaning fades and soon, the only sound that can be heard from inside is mark screaming in pain, and the interns' eyes widen.

"oh, my god!" chloe gasps.

"that's not a good noise," steve's eyes are bulging.

"that's a bad noise," lexie confirms.

"that's a really bad noise," ryan re-emphasises whilst looking between the other interns before they all decide to disperse, scurrying away quickly.

- - -
heaven, hell, limbo, no one really knows where we're going or what's waiting for us when we get there.
- - -

"aah!" mark screams from the pain, throwing his head back, still sitting on the on call room bed.

"oh, my god. are you okay?" chloe gasps, kneeling on the floor beside him, the bedsheet wrapped loosely around her body.

"no," mark groans.

"it's bent in the middle," chloe's eyes are slightly widened and her brow is creased. "i- i- i think i broke it."

"get torres!" mark urges.

"oh-" chloe runs a hand through her blonde hair.

"go!" mark yells.

nodding her head, chloe scrambles around on the floor to pick up her scrubs to quickly redress herself whilst mark whimpers.