xlvii.

- - -
you never know the biggest day of your life is going to be the biggest. the days you think are going to be big ones, they are never as big as you make them out to be in your head.
- - -

"just a normal day," chloe exhales deeply, stood by mark's side in the now empty church that was going to be filled with all their friends later.

"normal day," mark confirms. "going to work."

"just a normal day that ends in a ceremony in a churchy church," chloe looks up at the incredibly high ceiling.

"this has nothing to do with us," mark shrugs. "we're just the bride and groom."

"we're getting married tonight," chloe turns to mark, almost as though she's having a realisation.

"we're getting married tonight."

- - -
it's the regular days, the ones that start out normal. those are the days that end up being the biggest. and today was the wedding. it was beautiful. perfect.
- - -

in the attending's lounge, arizona is sat in her scrubs, a large coffee in hand, when chloe walks in. she then pushes herself to feet and greets her best friend with biggest smile chloe thinks she had ever see. 

"big day!" arizona beams. "biggest day of your life!"

"don't do that, don't do the peppy maid of honour thing," chloe frowns.

"really?" arizona's brow furrows. "wait. is this like the calm before the storm? do you need me to drug you?"

"no, i'm fine," chloe chuckles. "it's not the biggest day of my life. it's the biggest day of izzie's life. i'm excited about the marriage, not some wedding. she's the one who's gone all bridezilla," chloe shrugs. "you know me, i'm not some big white wedding kind of girl. remember when i married owen?"

"yeah, i do," arizona nods, pausing briefly. "but look how that turned out."

■ ■ ■

"you should see the bridesmaids' dresses," izzie gushes as bailey examines her. "oh! and the flowers! they're being delivered at 5:00. i had to pay extra for them to decorate the church but mark gave me his credit card, told me to do what i had to do so..." she shrugs with a giggle and squeezes alex's hand from where he is currently sat at the foot of her bed. "it's gonna be perfect."

"how's her blood pressure?" alex looks over at bailey.

"within the normal limits," bailey informs him.

"and her incision site?"

"uh, as expected, two weeks after surgery," bailey says whilst updating izzie's chart.

"she just got off the il-2 38 hours ago," alex protests. "she could still have-"

"her mets are gone. her blood pressure's fine. her incision doesn't hurt. she's doing well," izzie assures, cutting him off. "it's wedding day! and i'm going to the wedding. i'm a bridesmaid. i'm going. right, bailey?"

"i said you could go," bailey nods.

"wedding day!" izzie beams and alex forces a smile in return. she then hold her hand up for alex to high five. "up top, alex!"