ii.

- - -
at any given moment, the brain has 14 billion neurons firing at a speed of 450 miles per hour. we don't have control over most of them. when we get a chill: goose bumps.
- - -

"i told you to guard the door!" cristina berates nurse tyler following burke's parents walking in to find her on top of their son, wearing lacy lingerie.

"i had a code blue," tyler shrugs.

"i had parents walk in," cristina stresses as she follows him around the nurses station that meredith is stood charting at.

"we saved the guys life," tyler argues.

"whatever," cristina shakes her head. "you know, i want my 20 bucks back."

"sorry. bought everyone coffee... to celebrate saving the guy's life," tyler tells her whilst walking away.

"yeah, i want my 20 bucks back," cristina calls after him.

"it's not tyler's fault you're a dirty, dirty stripper," meredith turns to address her friend.

"you heard," cristina sighs, walking over to meredith and resting her elbows on top of the nurses station.

"everyone heard... stripper," meredith teases.

"oh, oh, you're one to talk, sleeping with two men," cristina points out.

"wrong. i'm not sleeping with either of them... not until i pick one," meredith explains and cristina nods, completely unconvinced. "if i haven't made a decision by the end of the day, i'm flipping a coin. a girl can only hold out for so long."

"oh, and somehow i'm the dirty stripper?" cristina raises her brow. "huh."

"you two have time to round, or are you too busy getting naked on hospital property?" chloe asks with playful smile as she and bailey grab their charts from the nurses station. bailey, on the other hand, does not share chloe's amusement.

"no, i wasn't naked. i- i wasn't naked," cristina protests as she and meredith follow bailey towards their first patient's room.

- - -
when we get excited: adrenaline. the body naturally follows its impulses, which i think is part of what makes it so hard for us to control ours.
- - -

"i'm proud of you all. you make me proud. you reflect on me well," bailey addresses her interns with clear sarcasm and slight anger as they leave one of their patient's rooms. "grey, if you think you can keep your clothes on long enough to follow up the labs, i'd appreciate it. karev, cover the pit."

"wait, the pit?" alex furrows his brow. "i'm- i'm off gynie?"

"dr. montgomery-shepherd is out sick. you can cover the pit, or you can..." bailey trails off and cocks her head to the side when she notices a pair of black panties pinned to the bulletin board behind the interns. "you can tell me whose damn panties are on the bulletin board!"

"yours?" cristina whispers to meredith as everyone else around begins to laugh and snicker.

"this is a hospital, people. serious work happens here. we save lives he-" bailey cuts herself off and raises her brow at george and alex who are laughing, uncontrollably. "oh, something funny? whose are these?"