Well, there's this man

I hissed as Haden rubbed alcohol on my stomach. "What's the fucking point of alcohol?"

He shrugged. "It is best for you."

I groaned and clenched my jaw. "It's not dirty I cut it on glass. Nothing infected."

He shook his head. "Better safe than sorry-"

"Hey," Haden and I looked at the door to see Sza. "I got her."

Haden sighed and sat everything down. "She is a crybaby, just to let you know."

I smacked my lips as he walked out of the room. Looking at Sza I smiled sheepishly as she walked up to me. She grabbed a bandage and looked at the cut on my stomach before sighing.

I bit my lip. "You sense I was hurt or something?"

She chuckled softly. "Nah, Aphrodite called me. She said you were hurt and she wanted me to know."

My heart raced. "I-Is Jorja here too?"

She shook her head. "No, she would've just freaked out. She's hanging with her brother and Maze."

I nodded as she finished wrapping my stomach.

She softly grabbed my chin and examined my face before looking over my torso. "Anywhere else?"

I bit my lip and frowned. "Are you mad?"

She sighed and licked her lips before meeting my eyes. "You know, Jorja is really reserved and closed off right?"

I nodded.

"Well, she's actually not. I'm the closed off and reserved one. The way Jorja was acting before you left? That's how I felt inside."

"Why don't you ever say anything?"

She shrugged. "That's how it's always been- even the little parts of my early life that I remember, I would always have to keep up a certain persona. I've always felt like I have to be the mother of everyone. Honestly, if I didn't act the way I do Jorja, would probably be a serial killer."

I chuckled and she smiled slightly.

"I always seem level headed and calm but- and I'll never tell Jorja this, I agree with almost everything she says. The only reason I don't agree out loud is because I know it's not the right path to go when it comes to benefiting her or anyone else I care about."

"That can't be good for you."

She nodded. "Your right but, that doesn't matter to me. After being alive for soooo long you start to realize how important people are. You and Jorja are the most important people in my life- obviously," she looked down. "Y/n I'm honestly pissed at you I-I don't understand why you put yourself in danger."

"Danger just finds me Z," I leaned back. "Or I subconsciously go towards it-I'm not sure at this point."

She bit her lip and chuckled looking down. "Damn, why you?" She met my eyes. "Why not Jorja?"

I frowned. "What do you mean?"

She shook her head. "Why are you the one that makes me break character? I've always been curious about that- I mean even back then I would break all my morals and boundaries just for you."

I shrugged. "You love me, duh."

She smiled softly and rolled her eyes. "Right," she cleared her throat. "You never answered my question. Anything else hurt?"

I hummed and pouted. "My lip."

She grimaced. "You seee I would make it feel better but, I'm still kind of mad at you."