chapter 15

Matt's POV

"Where is this place exactly?" I asked Claire, I have just known her name today. She is taking me where they keep Alpha Derrick's information and we have been walking since forever "and how do you even know about this place"

"You ask alot of questions and you can hide alot of staff but you can never make it disappear sooner or later they get revealed" have I ever told you that I hate it when people talk in riddles or some shit, it makes me feel like they don't want me to understand them, I might be dumb but I hate it when people make me feel dumber than I think I am

"What the hell does any of that mean?" I asked feeling frustrated yet I should be happy after being with Asher for 3 days straight since Sunday, we only separated because I had to come and meet Claire so that she can help me find out the truth about what brought me here.

I smiled remembering about Asher, he couldn't fullfil his promise of sucking me off until I have no cum left. He got tired on the forth time but I was also exhausted and needed some rest. We stayed at the cabin the whole of Tuesday, laughing, cuddling and kissing. It was all simple with nothing sexual but also an amazing day, spending time with Asher has given me happiness I never knew I missed all this time.

"We are here" I was brought back from my reverie when I heard Claire say, I looked in front of us and I am seeing a cave. I can't see anything beyond the mouth because of how dark it is, I looked back at Claire not really trusting this, am not going into a cave with someone I barely know, in a place I didn't even pay much attention to learn which way we came from 'because you were too busy thinking about Asher's my conscienceness said

But can you blame me, spending time with him is even better than ridding my motorbike which has to be impossible because of how much I love it. "Am not going in there"

"Stop being a pussy Matt, for Goddess' sake you're an Alpha" she scolded throwing me a torch and I caught it with ease. "Come on" she said getting herself another torch. I followed right behind her keeping my guard up, you can never know what could jump your bones in a place like this.

We walked through a cave tunnel until we reached an open space with big stone in the middle with a lot of books and files on it, on all sides there were mental bars like prison cells and they look old "anything you're looking for has to be here"

"Who brought all of this here" I asked getting close to the stone, the first one I touched had Alpha Stanley on it 'i wonder who that is' I kept it in my hands looking back at her for an answer

"Just look through them" that answer is vague but I let it go looking back at the paper in my hand. It read that Alpha Stanley became alpha after his dad died of old age, he gave birth to three kids and the old one being Alpha Derrick smith, the second one being a girl Daniella Smith and the last one Alpha Clayton Smith.

He died after his wolf got sick and there was no cure for the disease which weakened him, handing his Alpha position to his first son Derrick. Derrick ruled for one year when Daniella was murdered by her mate who didn't accept her because they were both women. Three months after her death Alpha Derrick was murdered by vampires and only two weeks later his mate Camilla died with their fist born.

It stops there, I searched for other files that had more about Alpha Derrick or Daniella but all I get is how Alpha Derrick was a great alpha, I kept looking through until I found one that said Alpha Clayton's rule. I was going to put it down because I don't need to know how he rules when one word picked my interest 'vampire'

I read through it and it said he made a few deals with vampires with the clan leader called Albert Roy and they have an alliance that no pack members know about. The file ends there and I kept on looking for something else to show more about that when I found one saying that Alpha Clayton hated alpha Derrick but no one knew the reason but most say it was because he wanted to be Alpha.

I searched through and found another one that said, Alpha Clayton met with a few vampires one year ago and before Derrick's death because.... I wasn't able to read the rest when I heard a loud bang coming from behind me, I looked back and pointed my torch at the place where I heard the bang come from, seeing six men standing there and I smell two of them are vampires.

They glowed and I put the file back down before changing into my wolf form and like this I can see in the dark, Claire did the same and two wolves attacked, one came to me while the other to Claire.

It moved fast trying to bite my neck but I dodged it quickly biting it's hinge leg before snapping it's neck. Two more came to me as a distraction because I saw one of the vampires coming in full speed wanting to scratch my neck but I was too fast snapping one of the wolves neck before avoiding the other ones attack and I positioned myself, when the vampire reached thinking am not looking I sractched it's leg making it fall to it's knees before digging my teeth into it's neck.

Before hearing a snap one of the wolves bite me on my leg making me let go of the vampire's neck, turning around and sinking my teeth into it's neck before snapping it. I turned around to finish off the vampire when I heard Claire whimper in pain.

I saw a wolf had sunk it's teeth into her neck and I ran up to her biting the wolf's leg making it let go before snapping it's neck. The remaining vampire turned around running away, I looked back at Claire and she is back in her human form naked with her neck bleeding.

I went back to the vampire wanting to kill it and get it's clothes. I reached him still lying in the floor and I went for his neck but it scratched me with it's claws before I could snap it's neck, I backed away feeling pain around my torso "you can never win" he said and I snapped his neck without hesitation.

Getting his clothes, I put on the trousers feeling pain where it scratched me, I did my best ignoring the pain as I kneeled down next to Claire and wrapping a shirt on her before picking her up and I groaned in pain. "You're going to be fine" she nodded and I made my way out of the cave "can you direct me" she nodded again pointing to the positions I need to go in.

I walked fast wanting to reach fast before the venom makes me faint, when we reached I took her to the pack hospital and rested her on the bed

I walked and fell on the other bed inside another room feeling weak, I lifted my shirt at the scratch marks on my stomach and it looks bad "did a vampire scratch you" I nodded and he looked at me with fear "this is bad, we don't have anything that can heal you from vampire venom but I can ask around" he moved to the door but then he stopped "prepare yourself for the worst because it's going to be painful and if we don't get medicine within three days you're going to die" he left with that

I felt myself being taken by darkness, I tried fighting it wanting to know how Claire is but I couldn't and I need to find Asher he might know the cure

I tried moving but, it's like am paralyzed and the pain is too much "Asher" is all I could get out before darkness taking over.