Hamil-Squad (Historical)

Christina sighed as she walked into the bar. As usual, it is filled with boisterous, drunk Patriots. Tina narrowly avoids being splashed with alcohol, twice, and she shuffled behind the bar counter. Her father, who is serving a man who seems to be extremely upset, turns to her as he pours out the beer. "Hello, darling. You are right on time as always." He smiles at her and she smiles back.

"Just trying to make sure everything is okay. What do you need me to do?" Tina replies. She hated working in a tavern. It was dirty. It was smelly. The men behaved like animals. But it was all for her graying father.

"Today has been suspiciously calm. It makes me wonder what life is going to throw at us later. Something always goes wrong in a bar." Tina's father points to the various cracks in the walls and broken tables from previous incidents. "For now though, just cover for me at the bar while I go check on your sister in the back."

Tina switches spots with her father and ties up her apron. The man her father was serving before has passed out in the table so Tina leaves him alone. She is wiping down the counter when four loud men came stumbling over to the counter. They spend a few minutes trying to climb onto the bar stools. One of them, a large man with a bandana, falls out of his chair causing them to laugh for ten MORE minutes. Tina sighs and rolls her eyes. Drunk men are such idiots.

After calming down, one of the men turns to Tina. "Miss, could you-" He stops and stares at Tina. All the men glance at him and then Tina, but then they freeze and stare at her too. Tina arches her eyebrow, unsure of what is going on.

"You were saying, sir?"

"Oh, yes. Can we please get four beers?" One, who is short and has a small ponytail, finishes for his friend. Tina immediately gets four mugs and fills them up. She hands them to the men and they start drinking. They seemed like the type that liked to wander around so Tina is surprised when they all stay at the counter. She wipes off glasses, serves others, and keeps the peace but every time she looks back at the four men, they are staring at her whispering.

Hours pass and Tina's father returns. "Okay, that's all the help I need. Go home and get some rest. Tomorrow is the Winter's Ball and the amount of men that will come in here is going to be overwhelming."

"Okay, Dad. I'll head home and get some food ready before I go to bed." Tina unties her apron and hands it to her father. "I know you always get hungry when you come home from work." Tina hugs her father goodbye and goes to leave.

As she reaches the door, she feels a hand on her shoulder. She turns to find the four men who were acting strangely at the bar. The short one with brown hair in a ponytail is the one that put his arm on her shoulder. Impatient and tired, Tina frowns. "Do you actually need anything?"

"Oui. Would you happen to be going to the Winter's Ball?" The man with a puffy ponytail and French accent asks.

"No, I didn't plan on it."

"Would you do us the honor of coming with us?"

Tina's eyes widen. "With all of you?"