Brother! Alexander Hamilton (Historical)

A/N: [I swear it gets better from here. This is the very first imagine I wrote...in middle school...Also, some of my stories like this one has an OC but I try to mention her name as little as possible. This is fully meant to be a reader-insert, so please bear with me as I adjust to "you" and "Y/n" for the future.]

Alexander's sister watches intently as her older brother rushes through the streets of New York. Hamilton slides and weaves his way through the large crowd of colonists. As usual, she can just barely keep up. She never did understand her brother's boundless energy. To make matters worse, she still feels a tad nauseous from the journey to New York. Boats have never been a favorite of hers.

Alexander looks back and sees her lagging behind. "Hurry up, Rose. You're slowing me down. I really need to speak to this man." He seizes her hand and tugs her along. With her churning stomach and his rapid pace, she finds herself stumbling down the street.

"Alexander, slow down! Who are you even looking for?" She latches onto her brother's hand, careful to pull him back when he is about to run into people. She isn't surprised by the wake of angry individuals they leave behind as Alexander barrels carelessly down the street.

"Aaron Burr. I told you this before." Alexander replies absentmindedly. His bright eyes scan the crowd with barely contained excitement. His sister, on the other hand, couldn't focus on anything except her brother. It has always been that way. Rose looking out for him and others while he ran haphazardly into chaos. She didn't mind too much but it certainly would be nice if he learned to show some restraint.

Alexander's piercing eyes scan over the crowd and, suddenly, he releases Rose's hand. "It's him!" Alexander dashes over to a man that is scanning some papers as he saunters down the street. She hopes he is ready to face the hurricane known as Alexander Hamilton.

"Pardon me?" Alexander taps the man on the shoulder. "Are you Aaron Burr, sir?"

The man looks over Alexander suspiciously. "That depends. Who's asking?" Rose discreetly studies the man. He is well-dressed and carries himself with a dignified air. Clearly, he comes from a notable and good family.

"Oh! Sure, sir. I am Alexander Hamilton. I'm at your service, sir. I have been looking for you." Alexander rambles in excitement. His sister cringes, silently willing him to take a breath.

"I'm getting nervous." Burr starts to walk away but Alexander cuts him off.

"Sir, I heard your name at Princeton." Alexander explains. "I was seeking an accelerated course of study when I got sort of out of sorts with a certain buddy of yours. I may have punched him. It's a blur, sir. He handles the financials." Rose cringes and shakes her head just remembering it. Alexander needs to get a hold of his temper before someone decided to teach him a lesson.

Burr arches his eyebrow and crosses his arms. "You punched the bursar?"

"Yes!" Aaron shakes his head while Alexander brightens even more. "I wanted to do what you did! Graduate and to join the revolution. He looked at me like I was stupid. I'm not stupid." Yes, you are. Rose had known him long enough to believe this without a doubt. Aaron starts walking away and Hamilton follows. "So how'd you do it? How did you graduate so fast?" Her brother's words fade in and out as Rose tries to keep up. Unfortunately, she keeps running into people.

"It was my parents' dying wish before they passed." She can still detect Aaron's voice but has lost sight of him and her brother. She thinks she can hear Hamilton respond but by that point, she has fallen remarkably behind. A surge of people builds up and forces her back three whole blocks. When she finally does gain her bearings, nothing is familiar. She tries asking for directions back to the street she was on but no one can seem to help her. It likely is because her only description is that the street has a tavern on it.

After thirty minutes of wandering through the street and looking for anything familiar, she spots the tavern she briefly glimpsed at when her brother was with Aaron. A little angry, she walks into it. What kind of brother leaves their sister alone in a strange area they just arrived in? As if by magical means and in answer to her mental inquiry, Alexander appears. The small man is drinking with Aaron Burr and talking excitedly with three other men. The new fellows seem to be introducing themselves. The first one has especially curly brown hair and is covered in freckles. The second has his hair tied back in a high curly ponytail and has a French accent. The third is quite large and has a piece of fabric tied on his head.

Typically, she would wait until Alexander was done talking to pull him aside discreetly but Alexander's sister is still upset about being left behind. She stomps over to their table and cuts off the large man saying something about horses and daughters. "Alexander Hamilton! You left me on the street to fend for myself so you could drink?"

Alexander looks up in surprise. "Rose? I thought you were still behind me!" He sends her a half-hearted shrug when her glare intensifies.

She opens her mouth to respond when Aaron Burr cuts her off. His thoughtful expression has evaporated and he now wears a flirtatious smirk. "And who is this lovely lady?"

"This is my baby sister. Roseanne Hamilton." Alexander states in a disinterested tone. Rose can tell he doesn't appreciate her stealing the spotlight.

She rolls her eyes. "We're a year apart, Alex."

"Well, it is a pleasure to meet you." The man with a curly bun grins and winks at her. She resists the urge to roll her eyes. Flirts never ceased to annoy her. Likely because of her own brother's philandering nature.

"Thank you, the pleasure is all mine." She says in a polite but reserved rush. She returns her attention back to Hamilton before the man can respond. "We need to get home. Soon it will be dark and you know it isn't safe to walk around then."

Hamilton scowls. "What are you? My mom?" He must be feeling bold because of his new friends. In too bad of a mood to even express her annoyance, Rose decides to teach her brother a lesson. She plasters on a sickeningly sweet smile. "Okay. I'm going to leave you to spend time with your new friends. Drink as much as you want. Show 'em just what you can do." Rose winks and Alexander's eyes illuminate. She waves goodbye to the other men and walks out of the tavern with a sly smile on her face.

A few hours later, Rose is sitting on her couch reading a book when she hears a loud crash outside her and Alexander's house. She puts down her book and balances her glasses on her head. She opens the front door to find a passed out Alexander on the doorstep. She looks up to see four stumbling figures are making their way down the street and a fifth is standing a distance away and walking normally. She shakes her head as loud, drunken laughing rises in the air. She pulls Alexander up and drags him into the house.

After spending twenty minutes trying to carry Alexander to his room, she gives up and drops him onto their couch. Shaking her head, she walks up to her room and promises to make fun of Alexander in the morning.

The next morning, she makes her way down to the kitchen. She glances at the couch to find it empty. Confused, she peers into the kitchen. Alexander is splayed out on the floor, his face green and twisted in pain. She laughs and his eyes fly open. He sends her a glare and then grabs his head. "Never again."

"Yeah, right. What you meant to say is, not again this week. You never learn your lesson, Alex." She smirks. Alexander groans in response. She goes to their water pump and fills a pitcher with it. She got her point across but now she has a sick brother to care for. Not exactly a win.