King George (Modern)

I slam the door as I stomp into my boyfriend's apartment. Well, it's not really an apartment. More of a penthouse designed for one person but big enough for a family. "George!"

A butler bustles by and I motion to him. "Fredrick, where is George? I have an urgent matter to discuss with him."

Fredrick glances at me for a few seconds before turning back around to dust a sculpture of George's father. "Miss Nelson, he is in his room." Without another word, I run toward the spiral staircase. I don't miss Fredrick shaking his head with sympathy.

When I throw open George's door, the pampered idiot is sprawled out on his bed reading something. He looks up and I notice his eyes widen nervously. "Darling, what are you doing here?"

I glare at him as he slides off his gigantic red bed and walks over to me. "I'm here to ask you a question." I pull out my phone and shove a picture in his face. "What is this?" My voice lowers to a growl.

George looks down at the picture and turns even paler than normal. "Oh, that! It's just me at a party with Lily. You know her. She's my secretary. She works in the office next to yours."

"I know who Lily is. I introduced you to her. I want to know why you two are kissing." I demand. Tears that I have been holding in threaten to spill.

"Gwen, I love you so-" George insists as he tries to take my hand.

"Really? Can you charm away all of these then?" I snatch my hand away and pull up twenty more pictures. I counted them all. I stared at them for hours today, only stopping to wipe away my endless tears. As George studies each and every one of them, his face falls. "Lily took the liberty to send them to me just to prove a point."

"Gwen, I..." He trails off and his eyes flood with guilt.

"You can't even make the effort to try and make a valid excuse?" My voice cracks and I feel new, warm tears stream down my face. "Why? What did I do wrong? I know that I don't have a lot of money to throw around but I thought you said you didn't care. But obviously, I wasn't good enough! So goodbye! I don't plan on bothering you anymore!"

"Gwen, you say the price of our love isn't a price you're willing to pay?" George begins. He desperately searches my eyes for a sign of forgiveness.

"No! You can't cheat on me and expect me not to be mad!" I snap.

"You cry with the tea you hurled in the sea when you see me go by," George says.

"I told you I was sorry about that! I didn't know that tea was specially imported from India. What does that even have to do with anything?"

"Why so sad?"

"Are you actually asking me that right now?"

"Remember we made an arrangement when you went away."