Father! Alexander Hamilton (Modern) Part 2

Phillip runs down the street, trying to think of where his sister would hide. Of course, the first place he would check is Monticello. Phillip walks all the way to the Jefferson residence. By the time he gets there, he is sweating and exhausted. He rings the doorbell and clutches his chest as he lets out an exhausted wheeze.

Eventually, the door opens and reveals a very depressed looking Peggy. Her eyes are red-rimmed and her constant smile has been replaced by a cynical frown. Her eyes widen when she realizes her older brother is standing in front of her. "Phillip? What are you doing here?"

Phillip holds up his hand and continues to pant. "I...needed...t-to see you. I had...to walk a-all the way here. Ack!" He starts to cough and Peggy slings her arm around him. She helps him into the house and leads him to the kitchen. After managing to get him a glass of water, Phillip follows Peggy to the living room.

"You walked all the way here, just so you could make sure I was okay?" Peggy looks close to tears.

Phillip smiles. "Of course. You're my favorite little sibling. Don't tell Angelica that. She'll kill me."

"I love you so much, Pip." Peggy pulls Phillip into a hug and quietly starts to cry.

"Hey...hey....don't cry. I didn't come here to make you sad." Phillip says. He pulls her away and brushes the hair out of her eyes.

Peggy wipes away her tears and smiles. "These are happy tears. I didn't think anyone cared. When you called, I thought you were going to take Dad's side." Peggy paused. "Is...is Angelica worried about me too?"

Phillip looks away and grimaces. "She's not necessarily against you. She just thinks Dad is right about James."

Peggy frowns. "Oh."

"But she doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is your happiness." Phillip smirks. "Of course, I'm going to have to meet James and set him straight."

"Phillip no."

"Phillip yes."

Peggy shakes her head as a set of footsteps are heard coming down the hallway. "Peggy? Are you okay?" James rounds the corner. The corners of his mouth lift when he sees Peggy but he freezes as soon as Phillip comes into view.

"So you're James? I mean I've seen you around but I never got to meet you." Phillip stares at James with interest.

"Oh...um...yes. It's nice to see you again." James replies awkwardly. He glances at Peggy with uncertainty. She simply shrugs.

"Anyway, I have to go home. I don't want to cause any more trouble than necessary." Phillip is about to leave when his phone goes off. He scans through a text message and he winces. "Dad went to the park with Mom and Angelica."

"And?" Peggy arches her eyebrows.

"And Thomas Jefferson and Mrs. Sally were there." Phillip sighs and puts his phone away. "They got arrested for endangering the public."

Peggy groans and James pinches the bridge of his nose. "These are our parents."

"Dad needs to borrow the bail money from you, Peggy. We can't gain access to Mom and Dad's account without them."

"Okay. James, get the money for your Dad and we will meet you at the jail." Peggy says. She throws her messy hair in a ponytail and grabs her purse. She gives James a quick kiss before leaving.

After a few hours of stress and wondering how mad their parents would be if they didn't bail them out, Peggy and Phillip meet with James at the jail steps. They share an unspoken nod and walking into the jail. Peggy immediately sees Angelica, who runs over and grabs Peggy by the shoulders.