Chapter Four

Gulf woke up, feeling a slight pain in the neck. He opened his eyes, trying to figure out where the hell he was. His head was about to explode because of the hangover and he was more tired than when he actually fell asleep. He looked at Mew's hand on his chest, probably unintentional. He didn't want to let his mind wander too much, but he could not get the night before out of his head. He still felt his hands on him, and God, he had never felt so alive before. It was not Gulf's first experience, but definetely the wildest one. He had nothing against one night stands, but it was not usually his cup of tea. However, when Mew asked him if he wanted to stop, he could not lie to himself.

He had fantasized about the possibility before, but nothing prepared him for the real deal. The way Mew quickly got him out of his remaining clothes, greedy for more, for a deeper contact. The way he repeatedly whispered how much he found him sexy, which was...absolutely something he was not prepared to hear. Especially coming from him. The way he was looking at him the whole time, stealing his breath away but also making him want to please him too. And he did. He could not forget his expression when pleasure finally surged through him.

When Mew moved his hand away from him, still asleep, Gulf was abruptly shaken from his reverie. He quickly got dressed, shaking off some of the sand from his legs. He had his first practice with the university soccer team, and he had to be there in like...fifteen minutes.

"There you are, I was so worried! Apparently I slept at Run's dorm because I was completely wasted...I tried to call you this morning but you weren't answering".

Gulf tried to avoid his best friend's gaze, starting warming up his body with some exercises. "I also drank too much yesterday".

Mild's face lit up. "Really? So you managed to have fun".

Gulf tried not to laugh, because everything now seemed like an innuendo. "I guess you could say that".

Mild clapped his hands enthusiastically, but then stopped, looking closely at his neck. "What's that?".

On istinct, Gulf covered it, even if he had no idea what he was talking about. He barely managed to be at the university in time, so it made sense that he looked like a mess. Again, there was that little pain, like a needle stuck on his neck. Did he...?

"Hey guys".

Gulf had never been so happy to see Zee. In the meantime, Mild got distracted talking with a teammate, so Gulf could finally breathe again. Zee looked at him, amused. Of course he knew it was the work of best friend. "Don't worry, your secret is safe with me".

Well, if he had a mark like that in plain sight, it was hard to keep it a secret anyway.

For the rest of the practice Gulf completely shut down even the smallest remembrance of the night before, tiring himself so much he barely had time to breathe. "Wow, Gulf. You already want to be the spearhead of this team? You made me feel lazy, man...".

Gulf laughed at Mild, out of breath. "I needed to blow off some steam".

Mild was about to say something, but then changed his mind. "Well, see each other for dinner? I have another class in a minute".

Gulf nodded, heading down to the locker room. "You need a lift?" Gulf seriously wanted to give Zee a hug, because he had no desire to take the bus. "Since you're offering...". He smiled at him and then went to take a quick but rejuvanating shower.

With a towel wrapped around his waist, he got out of the shower to put his clothes back on, but nearly had an heart attack when he saw Mew leaning against the wall. He was surprised too, but then his expression changed in a smirk, checking him out. "Well, hello".

Zee got out of the shower too, noticing their exchange of looks. Mew turned to look at his best friend. "Did you forget you were supposed to pick me up?".

Zee gave himself a bump in the head. "Fuck, I'm sorry. One minute and we can all go".

Mew raised an eyebrow, but then realized he was talking about Gulf. "Is that so?".

Gulf ran his fingers through his wet hair, trying to hide his discomfort. He also needed to change. "Oh, don't mind me". Like he was reading his mind, he also started to lean in: "It's not like I haven't seen all of this before".

Somehow, Gulf managed to get changed, while Zee tried to keep Mew busy with conversations - still, he knew he was taking a little peek.

"Are you okay?" Mew teased him, while Gulf was trying to get in the car. Gulf tried to remain calm, so he faked a smile."Why wouldn't I be?".

Gulf had no desire to give him the satisfaction of knowing how the whole situation was making him want to dig a hole and bury himself. So he just shrugged, still staring at him. "You just seem...tense".

The whole ride was basically Zee trying to have conversation with the both of them to make it less awkward. When Gulf finally made it to the dorm, Mew stopped him again, leaning against the wall next to Gulf's door. "Are you avoiding me?".

Seriously? They just spent more time than he intended to in the backseats of a car. God, now Gulf could not get the image of the two of them getting freaky in there. "No, I'm just going to my room".

Mew smiled, with no intention of leaving him alone. "I can join you".

Now Gulf really wanted to scream. "What?". Instead, he blushed hard.

On his part, Mew looked smugger than usual. "So there they are, those cute flushed cheeks".

Gulf looked away, feeling exposed, but Mew kept on getting closer and closer. "So, can I come in?".

In the meantime, Gulf managed to open the door. "I don't think it's a good...".

But Mew already let himself in, snooping around. "Wow, you really are a soccer fan. Should have guessed from those legs...".

Gulf put his backpack on the ground, wornout. "Are you going to keep making fun of me like this?".

Mew turned to look at him, shaking his head. "How is this making fun? Those are compliments. Of the highest order".

Gulf was going to kill him - or worst, kiss him - if he looked at his legs one more time. "Anyway, stop".

When Gulf tried to escape him, Mew brushed his arm, slowly. "You can compliment me too".

Gulf rolled his eyes, trying not to focus on the shivers running through his body at his touch. "P'Mew...".

Mew smiled, pleased. He seemed to enjoy it very much. "You wanted to say something?". Gulf had the feeling that Mew was trying to stall, which was strange for a straightforward guy like him. "Do you want to forget about last night?"

Ok, that was straightforward again. "What? No...".

Mew came dangerously closer, licking his lips. "Good. Normally I don't like extending one night stands, but...".

Mew gave him one of those looks which could kill a man. Gulf could feel his skin burning already and he wasn't even touching him. "...it seemed like we connected. It would be a cruing shame to ignore all this chemistry". Then he ran his thumb softly across Gulf's bottom lip. Electricity zipped down his spine. "So what do you say?".