22

While the two were jokingly bickering, a blinding light came from behind us, making everybody stand up in shock. Standing there in all his glory, was a man I did not recognize. He was tall with eyes that looked like they held a million starts in them, along with brown hair and a strong jawline. He wore a fancy suit, and he was fixing his tie like a fancy business man was.

  "Perseus, I'm sorry about what has transpired since yesterday." He said, but he didn't sound very apologetic.

  "Who are you?" I asked, and Annabeth gasped, bowing quickly.

  "Chaos." She said quickly, not telling me, but addressing him.

  "Ah, a girl who knows her powerful beings. Yes, I am Chaos." He smiled softly, his head turning softly to the direction Miss's tree was.

  "Why are you here?" I asked, and he pursed his lips.

  "You seem to forget that I created the tree, as you call Miss. I cared for her as much as you did." He said softly. I gave him a look, telling him that I knew that he wasn't here to sit at her tree and mourn. "But of course you know I'm not here to pay my respects." He cleared his throat.

  "Precisely." I said coldly. Bitterness and anger growing within me from the second he said that he cared for Miss as much as I did, he hasn't visited her since 600 years ago when he gave her the gift to make Amaya.

  "I believe it's time for you to get off of this island, and gain your emotions back." He said certainly, and that's when all the emotions I was currently feeling evaporated, turning into hope, something I haven't had in a long time.

   "Actually?" I asked and he smiled softly at me. "What's the catch?" I asked carefully.

  "Not necessarily a catch. I want to erase your memories of all the time on the island and the war you had stopped all those years ago." He said calmly.

  "I don't, I don't want to forget." I said surely, and everyone looked at me in shock. "Leo helped me realize that I had it better on this island than they did back with the rest of the world, and I've fallen in love and made so many memories that I don't want to forget!" I said, almost sounding desperate, but I didn't care. "And I don't want to forget Miss, or Amaya." I growled at the end.

   "Then I won't. But may I erase your memories of before this island? You can start complete anew, forget your heritage and everything." He offered, and everybody looked at me in shock when they saw I was considering it.

  "Percy? You would forget your mom, your step dad." Annabeth said worriedly.

  "Who both died thousands of years ago!" I retorted. "But no, I'm not going to lose my memories. If losing my memories meant gaining my happiness back and leaving, then I don't want to." I said stubbornly, crossing my arms, and Chaos smiled.

  "And that, Perseus, was exactly what I wanted to hear. Free your animals and pack what you want to back, you aren't coming back here ever again." Chaos smiled, snapping his fingers. "And there's your happy emotions back." He said, and I felt myself grin happily, happy tears building up.

  "Shit." I chuckled, looking at the sky and thanking every higher being.

  "Now which one of you guys want to take his place?" Chaos asked seriously, and nobody spoke, all sharing looks until he bursted out laughing hysterically. "You guys all take things so seriously." He laughed and I grumbled, jogging to my bedroom, packing all of my photos, but I stared at Emily's.

  "Guess who's finally getting off this island." I whispered, tracing my thumb over the photo before putting in a bag I had crafted a long time ago. I packed a lot of the things I had built over the years, until both the bags I had made were full. After that, I had let the animals go, watching as they all ran over the place.

  "I'll be back." I said quietly, walking to where Miss's and Amaya's dead trunk and body was. "Guys, looks like I'm finally leaving." I said, bowing my head to the ground and kissed the ground. "You will live long, maybe not in life but in memory." I said, standing back up, years worth of memories racing through my head, bringing sadness, happiness and pain to the surface.

   The wind blew, the same wind that blew when Miss would wake up and go back to sleep, it didn't do that this time. It just tossed my hair to the side, but it felt like a caress, one of Miss's branch, which calmed me. I pulled out one of the photos I had of Amaya, Miss and I and placed it over top of Amaya's grave, placing my fingers to my lips and then to the picture, smiling.

  I walked away, feeling content. I would miss them more than any visitor, more than any friend, more than any object, I will live for them, I will live because of them. "Ready to go?" Piper asked and I smiled, nodding.

  "One moment. Leo, come here." I ordered, walking up to my house, and he followed, looking confused. "Light your hand on fire please." I smiled, and a look of realization dawned on him, and he did as I asked. Grabbing him by the wrist, I placed his hand on the building, which burned the wooden house.

  The heat hit my face quickly, and I stepped back, smiling calmly. Maybe this had become my home, I loved it, Amaya made it a home, but now it's just a big flame, and I would not miss it. "Now we can go." I smiled.