Chapter 22: When In Equestria

"This world is very different from the mirror dimension human world... I feel like I look weird, do you think I look weird?" Twilight asked Starlight self-consciously.

"You're asking me? I think this whole place looks weird." Starlight answered in response.

"Fair enough. I just hope the girls are alright." Twilight said with a sigh.

"They couldn't have gone too far." Starlight said.

"In two weeks?"

"Eheh...let me rephrase that; they wouldn't have gone too far, I don't think." Starlight said.

"Probably not, but knowing Rarity, they've got to be staying somewhere." Twilight thought aloud.

"Yeah, that sounds about right, but then they don't have money to pay for anything. We've been scanning around this place for a day and we haven't seen anyp...anyone that resembles our friends, so where would they be staying at?" Twilight reasoned on the matter.

"Maybe they found help?" Starlight tried.

"Maybe, but from who? They don't know anyone here." Twilight asked.

"Twilight! Starlight! Check this out!" Applejack called to them. The other two went back up towards her voice, and they met with her and Pinkie Pie at the entrance to a forest trail.

"This is right up Fluttershy's alley. Any chance she could be 'round here?" Applejack asked.

"Maybe, but I don't see a whole lot of places to stay around here." Twilight said, looking around.

"Ooh, what about those funny looking rectangle houses over there?!" Pinkie pointed past Twilight to an apartment complex not too far down from the forest trail's entrance.

"I guess we could try asking around." Twilight said with a hum. The four of them all started walking down there.

"This place is so weird...what exactly are we?" Applejack asked.

"We are humans, Applejack: creatures that only walk on two legs and, apparently, come in different shades of beige and brown." Twilight said.

"Aww, but that's not nearly as colorful as Equestria!" Pinkie Pie said.

"And yet, somehow, your hair managed to stay a little pink." Starlight said with a chuckle.

As they approached the parking lot of the apartment complex now, they watched as a car pulled in. Once it had parked, Twilight took the lead in approaching the driver as he got out. He turned around, and flinched a bit in surprise.

"Hello there. Sorry to bother you. My name is Twilight." She introduced herself. The gentleman leaned against his car and nodded.

"Hey there. What can I do ya for, honey?" He asked smoothly.

"We're looking for our friends. Have you perhaps heard of Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, or Rarity?" She asked. The man shook his head.

"Nah, doesn't ring a bell. I'm Jamal though, pleasure to meet ya."

"Haha, that's a funny name!" Pinkie Pie laughed. Twilight quickly shushed her.

"Pinkie, that's not nice. Sorry, we're new around here."

"I can tell. What were your friends' names again?" Jamal asked.

"Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity." Starlight repeated for him.

"Hmm... Would one of them happen to have different colors in her hair?"

"That sounds like Rainbow Dash, yep." Applejack nodded.