Chapter 28 - Meet Me in the Bathroom

Start from the beginning

     "If that's the case then I might have to stay another three years."

    "As long as you're willing to put in the work I don't see why not."

    "Why not? I don't even know what my own needs are, what my own feelings are. How am I supposed to be a Luna if I'm still unsure about my own mate?"

     "You will. I can guarantee you that." He looked down at his watch before looking at Astrid again. "I have another meeting now, it's time for this discussion to end. But Astrid don't take my advice lightly. I've been here a long time and I've seen things that you have yet to understand."

~~~{     }~~~

The next day at lunch, Astrid could tell Ophelia had something to say. Her leg was bouncing and she kept opening and closing her mouth as if trying to figure out the perfect sentence.

"Just spit it out Ophelia you're making me anxious." Astrid shot her friend an annoyed look.

"Sorry I was waiting for you to bring it up. So is it true? Did you fuck your alpha?"

Astrid rolled her eyes. The picture was a kiss, there wasn't even tongue. People were getting creative these days. Or maybe desperate for some action.

"Must you be so vulgar." Astrid paused to take a sip of her drink before she continued. "I didn't fuck him, I kissed him. There wasn't even tongue, it was just a chaste kiss."

"But isn't he like 40?"

Astrid cringed at that. He was really old.

"He's 36."

"Same difference. He's old enough to be your father."

More like my father's friend.

"Whatever it was a one time thing."

Ophelia was quiet for a second before she continued again.

"What happens when you find your mate? What happens if he finds his mate? Oh my goddess does he have a mate? Are you having an affair with Alpha Silvis?"

Oh my goddess.

"It was just a kiss! And no it's not some weird affair. Gah, you should stop reading those YA books they're messing with your head."

"Is he hot at least?"

"I don't know he's old. It doesn't matter it was a one time thing like I said before."

Ophelia was quiet for a while, the gears in her head turning to find a plausible explanation. Once she found one here eyes grew wide and her mouth dropped. She quickly grabbed Astrid's arm and dragged her towards the nearest bathroom.

"Hey, I'm not finished with my lunch." Astrid protested knowing that their lunch period was ending soon.

Ophelia ignored her and checked under the stall doors to make sure there weren't any listeners. The tea that was about to be spilled was too hot to leave the room. For safe measure, Ophelia locked the door.

"You're his mate."

Astrid looked at Ophelia as if she was crazy. Should I tell her?

"What are you talking about?"

"You're Alpha Silvis' mate. It all makes sense. At first I thought you were incapable of liking someone, but it's because you're spoken for."

"You think he's my mate because I haven't crushed on a guy?"

Ophelia rolled her eyes as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"We're surrounded by hot shirtless guys all the time and you're the only one who never says anything. Even Achilles has made a few comments and she's incapable of human emotions."

"And if he was my mate?"

"If he is then what are you still doing here? You have a rich, powerful guy at your beck and call and you slum it with us? I would've 'accidentally' gotten pregnant years ago. You have to secure that bag."

      Astrid looked at her dumbfounded. "I'm still underage, remember? No one is getting pregnant anytime soon. Accidental or not."

     "Whatever you know what I mean."

     The bell rang and Astrid groaned; she would no longer be able to finish her lunch.

     "You owe me Ophelia. Big time."

     "I'm sorry, I couldn't contain my excitement. You're a Luna."

    "Not yet." Astrid mumbled, not wanting to explain the details of her love life or lack thereof. "What you heard here today will never leave this room."

     "Of course. Pinky promise."

     The two girls locked pinkies and left the bathroom.