P3: Chapter 4: Dark Days

ASRIEL POV:

We laid there helpless on the floor of the judgement hall. This can't be happening, I tried to make myself believe that this is all one sick nightmare that the freak came up with. I was crying uncontrollably. My best friend-no my BROTHER died.  I didn't dare think of how Frisk and Chara were feeling. Frisk just lost her boyfriend. And Chara... She was silent. I know she was crying though. But she is the reason that Seth is dead. Out of the three of us, she was the one I was the most worried about. After all her sanity is shorter than me or Frisk's. We didn't know what to do, we just sat there staring at Seth's lifeless body. At first I was confused on why he didn't disappear into dust, until I remembered he was a human before. Which then in turn raised questions in my head. Why did he turn into a skeleton? I was thinking about more and more questions until Frisk and Chara go silent. I look and see a Cyan-colored soul hovering above Seth. We all just stare at it. Chara put her arm out for a few seconds, then *CRACK* the soul erupted into a million pieces. another 5 minutes of silence passes. I hug Chara. "I-I'm sorry. Y-you d-did what you h-had to." saying every last word of that made me feel horrible, and I can tell Chara knew that too. She cries loudly into my chest, I hold her close. Frisk wasn't even moving, tears were just flowing down her cheek. I couldn't imagine how she feels either. I pull her into the hug. We all cry for a few more moments. Then we all get up. "I-I'll c-carry him." I say sadly. They both nod depressingly. I pick him up in my arms. I look down into his lifeless eyes. Frisk walks over and closes his eye-lids. We all start walking. We knew this wasn't a horrible trick because we went outside and saw the sun setting. We all walk home. Thank God it was nighttime by the time we were entering our neighborhood, because we didn't want any body to see our best friend dead in our arms. We arrive at the house. Frisk knocks on the door. Mom opens it. "Hello my ch-" She looks at Seth dead in my arms. We all hang our heads. I can hear her start crying. "I-I'll t-t-take him." She said crying. Dad was behind her, he saw Seth dead in Mom's arms. Dad looked mad at us for a second, but he noticed all of our bloodshot eyes from crying, so he sighed and interrogated us. "W-What happened?" He said calmly, I could see tears in his eyes as well. We all look at each other. We all know this wasn't going to be easy to explain. Then Dad said, "Sigh, go to sleep, we will talk about... t-this tomorrow." He was definitely starting to cry. So that's exactly what the three of us do. We all go into our beds instantly.  Frisk was looking at the empty bed next to her. I start to feel horrible. Chara didn't even tuck herself in. She was faced to the wall. Crunched in a ball. I try to ease up, but I knew, just simply relaxing was not an option. I stare at the ceiling. I remember when we played Grand Theft Auto V together, we were laughing our asses off. Or when we decided to draw a better Mona Lisa. The memories were flowing into my head one after another, and the same could be said with the tears flowing down my face. I start to fall asleep, not ever expecting what could possibly happen next.

CHARA POV:

It was my fault. It was all my fault. My own brother dead. I should have just let him go. Why did I attack? I really am an idiot. It was my fault, that he turned into a skeleton, it's my fault that figure tried to kill us, it's my fault that he's dead, it's all my FAULT. I couldn't take it any longer. I've been a horrible sibling and girlfriend, I've just been a horrible person in general. That thing was right, my continued existence was a endangerment to my family, and friends. It doesn't take a genius to find out what I decided to do next. I woke up in the middle of the night, I see the time which says 3:00, perfect. I take my backpack, bring some change from my piggy bank and leave a note on the front table in the living room. I opened the door to our bedroom. I look at Asriel and Frisk one last time. I kiss Asriel on his forehead. Then looked at Frisk. I'm so so sorry Frisk. You deserve a better sister than me. I go out the door, then run at full speed towards the forest.

THE NEXT DAY

FRISK POV:

I wake up. I start to remember the events of last night. That horrible day. Seth was sliced by Chara on accident. I look to see Asriel in his bed, and look to my right and see Chara's bed empty. Her backpack's gone to. Weird it's the middle of summer so we don't have school. So I assume she's with mom and Dad. I go outside silently closing the door, to not wake Asriel. I see Mom and Dad crying and on the floor in the living room. Chara was nowhere to be seen. I start to get worried. "M-Mom? D-Dad?" I say. Mom was holding a piece of paper. She puts it on the table, then runs into the kitchen. I look at it. Oh my god.