P2: Chapter 5: Darker, Yet Darker

SETH POV: 

It was the next day. I saw that everybody was already up. I get out of the room. everybody's on the couch. "Wh-where's Mom and Dad?" I ask them. "They went to Dad's Flower shop." Asriel said. There was a bean bag in front of the couch. I already knew that was for me. I sigh, and sit down on the couch while putting my hands on my forehead. Chara puts a blanket on me. "Take your time." she said. I sigh again. They all stare at me intently. "I had a nightmare, last night. And that nightmare was probably the explanation to me becoming a skeleton." they continue to stare at me. "I saw myself, as a human going up Mt. Ebott. I was.. calling out for Chara." The stares turned into interested glances, especially from Chara. "Then I see a rock, that glows ominously. I-I I move it, then I see a portal. I looked in to see what was inside, and see a never-ending black hole, then as if by magic, I get sucked in. I see the spiral get larger and larger as I fall deeper." This was when I knew I couldn't tell Frisk and Asriel. Chara killing our parents? That'll crush them! "U-Um, guys can I uh talk to Chara in private for a sec?" I said sweating. "Oh u-um ok." said Asriel. "Come on Frisk." he said while going into the kitchen. Then I was sitting, alone with Chara.

CHARA POV:

As Asriel and Frisk leave the room, I start to sweat. What did Seth want? And how serious must it be for Asriel and Frisk to leave? Seth looks at me, complete seriousness fills his face. "Chara." he says. I just stare at him scared. If this took place when he was following me, then it really must be my fault. I try to hold in the tears, as he continues. "I-I, when I fell in that hole.. I saw.... TIMELINES." He said. Hearing this made me confused. H-How did he know about the timelines? I thought only people with DETERMINATION can foresee the timelines! "I know what your thinking, I need DETERMINATION to see the timelines. And that's what confused me. According to our OLD Mom and Dad, I didn't have DETERMINATION like you did. The doctor said I didn't have any known soul trait. If you remember, us humans eye color tell what soul trait we posses. Red like you, is DETERMINATION, Light blue is PATIENCE, Orange is BRAVERY, blue is INTEGRITY, purple is PERSERVERANCE, Green is KINDNESS, and yellow is JUSTICE. I however as you know have cyan eyes. Whatever trait I have must have, it has to be as powerful as DETERMINATION for me to foresee these.. timelines." I always knew that Seth had cyan-colored eyes, but I never knew about the eye-soul system, mainly because I never payed attention in school. "Now, this is why I asked to talk to you alone." I start to sweat again. "Chara, those timelines. I saw many interesting things. I saw Frisk, with you following and supporting them the entire way as a ghost. She was making friends with everybody she met. Then I saw her hug Asriel. With you hugging him in your ghost form." I remember doing all of these, but he still hasn't explained why he brought everyone out except me. "Chara one of those timelines, I saw you and Frisk..." I see tears in his eyes. This is starting to make me want to cry. "k-k-killing everyone. Papyrus, Undyne, Mettaton, Sans.. Mom & Dad." He was talking about the genocide timeline, I don't know what to say. "And I saw you tear a flower to bloody pieces, and by the way he begged you to not kill him, by process of elimination, it was Asriel when he didn't have a soul." "I couldn't sleep, knowing this Chara. That's all I remember seeing until I woke up." he finished, awaiting for my response. He looked heart-broken as if he lost all the confidence he once had. I start crying. "S-Seth.. I" he sits next to me. "C-Chara, w-what the hell did I see?" tears are running down his face. "I-I-I." I try to say but splutter. "No-no-no. I know. Frisk got bored, then wanted to see what happens if she interacts with people differently, didn't she?" I look at him, he was exactly right, but the way he said it made it sound like Frisk was the bad guy. "No, I don't think Frisk is the bad guy." He said. what? can he read my thoughts? "Yes." I look at him shocked. "last night, I found out. I wanted to know what kind of power my soul holds. That was when I found out. I could hear you thinking, you didn't sleep last night. You were worried for my well-being, you were still afraid that it was your fault, that I am no longer a human. But this was also when I found out something, there's no way a normal monster soul could do this. I knew that I have a HUMAN soul inside of a monster's body. When I fell into that portal Chara, my body couldn't support it, so I was stripped of that weight, and transformed into the shambling mess that you see before you. Whatever my soul is capable of Chara, it can predict, know, foresee, anything and everything to my command." I was perplexed by this. I thought the only people that know about the timelines were me Frisk, Asriel, and Sans. "I-I didn't want to see their faces, to me telling them that you murdered our family." He said sadly. "Seth-" "Shhh, it's not your fault Chara, it's not Frisk's, the reason for any of this happening, is because of the one who woke me up." he said. He called Asriel and Frisk back into the room. He stands up. "Guys, I'm going back to Mt. Ebbot." He said. "WHAT?" we all said. "Guys, I'm going to look for the one who put us through all this." He goes up and leaves. We all chase after him. "What did you talk about?" Asriel asks as we all follow him through the door. "I-it's complicated." I say, as I remember what Seth said. We eventually catch up to him. "Seth what are you doing?" Asked Frisk. "Just follow me." Seth said, his face was expressionless. In 5 minutes we end up at the entrance to the underground. "Guys, if-if you don't feel comfortable doing this with me, you c-can leave, it's ok." he said. "We're not leaving you Seth!" said Asriel. Me and Frisk nod in agreement. He turns around and smiles at us lovingly. "Th-Thanks guys, l-let's go." We all reenter the UNDERGROUND. 

SETH POV:

We all reenter the underground, I was incredibly nervous, I had no idea what I was going to do. I tried to foresee the future, but it's nothing but static. I decide to look around for the boat-man. "Uh Frisk, do you know where the uh boat person is?" I ask her. "Oh yeah! Follow me!" she said. We all follow her. A solid 15 minutes of elevator trips pass, we end up at Hotlands in front of Alphys' lab according to Frisk who was giving me a tour. We end up meeting the boat man. except he wasn't on his boat. He was standing ominously at the entrance to his boat. I start to get nervous. I step up to talk to him until he spoke first. "So you have arrived." he said. Did he know we were coming? He chuckles, "I knew you were coming. I had an eye on you ever since you woke up. Well ever since you took your fall." he said. "Who the hell are you?" I said threateningly. "Oh you'll know soon enough." he said. He pulled down his hood. We all see a distorted face, it was completely white, and he had cracks in his eyes and a horrifying smile. I tell Asriel, Chara, and Frisk to get ready for a fight. Asriel's hands fill with fire, Chara brings out her knife, and Frisk has her fists clenched. I light up my left eye, and try to bring up my bone attacks, except... they didn't work. "Wh-what?" I say. The figure brings a distorted laugh. "Did you think you could use MY attacks against ME?" he says. I start to sweat. Asriel launches many fireballs against him. He catches on fire. He screams. "NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOO!" He disappears into dust. "Phew!" Asriel says. Except something doesn't feel right. Something inside me says that he's not gone. "Alright let's g-" I was about to say. But to our horror the figure is back and in full condition right behind us. We all start to look scared. He chuckles distorted again. "You really think you can kill me in one hit?" Then he opens his mouth, and lights fill his empty eye sockets. I step up, and put my arms in front of my friends. "You won't lay a finger on them." I say while my eyes black out. "You think I would try to kill you? No, no, no. This.. Is... So... Much... More... Interesting..." Then a spiral of darkness spins towards us. We try to scream but nobody came.