::Sugawara x male!reader::

Not proofread
slight angst—->fluff
Sorry for not updating just not feeling good:(
Requests are still closed !
——————————————

"(Y/n) when are you going to confess? It's painful seeing you so hopelessly in love!" Nishinoya said with a groan as he received a smack on his head with a newspaper by ennoshita.

He winced in pain as he continued to study as he could possibly. I sighed and looked down at my own half finished math equations. "I don't know..I don't want to ruin our friendship" I said making Tanaka sigh in exaggeration.

I looked over at him with an eyebrow rise and he slammed his hands on the low table making most of us jump at the sudden sound. "You always say that! Why not take the risk?" Tanaka said as he also received a whack from ennoshita.

"Guys! Keep studying and leave him alone with his love life-" ennoshita began but I sighed softly. "I don't want to lose the most important person in my life over my stupid feelings" I admitted making kinoshita frown at my words and walked over and dropped his work in front of me.

"I'm only letting you copy this one time because I feel bad for you" he said with a pat on the shoulder. Nishinoya gasped as he pretended to cry. "What about me!? I-I got issues too! Narita come over here and let me copy-" he started but narita shook his head in disbelief. "No way! I know you're well and happy with asahi-San!"

Tanaka bursted into laughter as Nishinoya groaned annoyingly and went back into writing useless formulas on his math homework. I stopped moping around and quickly started to copy off of kinoshita so he can hurry and do his other work as well.

It's true though. The only reason why I haven't admitted my feelings towards my upperclassmen is because I don't want to lose him. Me and him are really close and we are inseparable. It's a surprise to me that he hasn't caught on yet but also thankful for his oblivious ways.

I liked Sugawara when i was a first year joining the volleyball team with Tanaka and Nishinoya and the others. He was standing with two other males that looked intimidating but turns out he was a relatively easy going guy.

I remember being so nervous of joining the team due to my doubt of my own skills and general anxiety. But he welcomed me, us, with a wide smile and made us feel better and comfortable.

I was really bad at setting and receiving but he went out of his way to teach me everything he knew to help me improve. I always looked up to him. The way I felt much better when he was next to me.

These feelings grew more and quickly as days passed by and then when we hit the next year. I now am a second year and sugawara is now a third year. He got more attached to me but I wasn't complaining one bit.

He would and still does tease me about how much taller I am from him even though I'm a year younger than him. It always brings me a smile onto my face whenever I see him, in the halls or out in public, how our eyes meet he always goes out and waves at me.

My hopes weren't high at the start of liking him but as times passed by and how close we became, my hopes got quite high until one day an incident happened. I was looking for the said male so we could walk to practice together.

I went out at the outside courtyard and went to the side of the gym building but caught myself before I got seen. I leaned against the gym wall and peeked over. My heart felt like it fell onto the floor and shattered into a billion little pieces.

Sugawara was talking with a girl with a big smile. She was holding out a note with both of her hands. She was really cute looking. She was shorter than him, and she was quite timid. Instead of crying, I smiled at the thought.