::Tanaka x Male!reader::

Not proofread
This one gets the cake of how bad it is
(P.s. for all of u who compliment my stories: chefs kiss 💋)

——————————————

"(Y/n)~ can you go receive one of my spikes?" Hinata jumped up and down with a big wide smile at me. I moved a little away from him and looked around for help.

Nishinoya met my eyes and threw up a thumbs up instead of helping me. I groaned and followed behind him as I made my way to the opposite side of the court.

"Okay! Here we go!" Hinata yelled as he looked at kageyama to get ready. Daichi passed them the ball and I dropped my knees as low as I can and heard the slap of the ball on my forearms and bounce right up.

"Wahh!! He didn't even see it to receive the ball!" Nishinoya exclaimed as he ran over to me. I moved to the side and he fell with a groan. "Was that all?" I said softly and Hinata shook his head.

"No! Please receive more of them!" He whined and I shook my head as I fixed my knee pads. "Can you receive one of mine though?" I heard a deep voice say behind me. I quickly turned away from it.

"Cmon (y/n)~ I know you can't resist receiving mine!" Tanaka teased as he slung an arm over me. I pulled it off of me and scoffed. "As if". I said annoyed. He lifted a brow at me with a smirk.

I sighed loudly clearly annoyed as I went back onto the court and waited for him to spike to me. "Alright!" He said as he went over to kageyama. I stood there with my arms out.

I stared harshly at tanaka as he jumped up and I threw myself to the right but then saw that he spiked to the opposite of me but I threw my leg out and caught it. I bit my lip as I stood up and smiled at myself.

"(Y/n) is so cool!!" Hinata kept praising me but I felt so uncomfortable. "Okay, calm down before he passes out" tsukki said and I silently thanked him. He smirked at me as he mouthed, "You. Owe. Me". I sighed and nodded in defeat.

I heard soft pings outside the gym doors. I slowly walked over and noticed it started to rain but softly. I groaned knowing I'll have to run to coach's store to get an umbrella.

"(Y/n)! Asahi! Go do your spike drills!" I heard daichi yell over at me and asahi. Who we both quietly nodded at the sudden shout and quickly walked over.

I sighed softly as Yachi passed the ball to sugawara who brightly smiled and tossed it to me. I jumped as high as I could and spiked it hard towards Nishinoya who was on the other side. He fell over himself though.

"(Y/n) seems to be such a well rounded player, isn't he?" I heard Coach whisper to kiyoko. I was barely able to hear it but I frowned. I liked playing volleyball but I also didn't like getting unwanted attention.

I wanted to just be a fill in player but my skills couldn't hide behind so easily. I sighed as I ran back and got to position to spike once again. I clicked my tongue as Nishinoya finally was able to receive my spike.

"Did you see that?!" He said laughing very proudly towards me. I flinched as I turned around and went to go sit down since I was already done with my spikes.

I pulled my knees up to my chest and laid my arms over them. I dropped my head on them and started to doze off to sleep. I sighed happily as I finally got time for myself.

"Hey! Don't start sleeping now. Go do some alone practice" I heard daichi yell. I knew he was talking to me but I kept my composure and stayed very still in hopes of him being a kind soul and letting this pass by.

A few seconds passed and I could hear his shoes squeaking as he started to walk towards me. I sighed annoyingly as I stood up and rubbed my eyes. "Can I get five more minutes?" I asked with a hoarse voice. Daichi stopped in his tracks at the sudden voice change.