Chapter 27

~*~

It's hard to believe that the children are teenagers Maddie and Tanner are sixteen. Time has flown by extremely fast and I wish it would just slow down.

"Maddie are you alright?" I ask. "I-I'm fine." She stammers. "What's wrong?" I ask. "L-Luke a-asked m-me out." She says tripping on her words. "Sweetie thats great!" I smile. "Mom it's not! He's my best friend! What happens if we end up together and sometime down the road we break up?" She asks.

"Wow you've put alot of thought into that didn't ya Mads?" Tanner asks walking in. "Shut up you dip wad!" She growls. "Maddie!" I screech laughing. "Sorry Tanner." She says. "We'll talk about this later now go do your homework and i'll make dinner." I chuckle shaking my head. They nod walking off to the back room.

"Honey i'm home!" Louis says. "So cliche of you." I smirk placing my lips onto his. "It looked like fun." He shrugs. "Of course." I laugh. "I'll have dinner ready in about an hour." I add.

He nods before walking off to find the children. I walk into the kitchen to prepare dinner. I've decided to make Maddie's favorite. Chicken and dumplings. Or is that Tanners favorite? Is it both of there favorite? I can't keep up lately and I should.

Either way they all love it. Maybe it's my favorite? Now look i'm losing my mind as we speak.

*louisPov*

"So this Love bunny told me a certain Luke likes my Maddie." I say sitting down. "Liam is the Love Bunny isn't he?" Maddie asks. "Wha- No!" I laugh. "Lies so many lies." Maddie laughs. "So Tanner any girls you like?" I ask. "Two actually but i'm not sure who I like better. "Oh?" I say.

My children have grown fond of me finally. Maddie has alway called me daddy but it took Tanner two years to finally call me daddy. I didn't fuss because I wanted him to take it into his mind I respect what he was doing.

Of course I wanted my own son to call me daddy but I had to take time. He was nine when he called me dad. One day he way just scared and cried and came to me calling me dad and wanted to know why it hurt so bad to lose someone.

That was the day his step grandfather died. Rylies mother got remarried and they had a long relationship of eleven years. Mr. Peterson had lung cancer that was to far gone to treat. He lived a couple of months after.

Tanner was close to Mr. Peterson and took it hardest. "So son who's the lucky girls? You look like me they should both take in your good looks." I say cockily. "Your such a egotistic weirdo." Maddie mumbles. "It was a joke Missy." I say sticking my tongue out at her. "How mature." She jokes.

"I know, I know I try." I laugh. "Well?" I add looking at Tanner. "Well Kaylee and Marissa." He admits."dey be best friend doe." I say all ghetto. "Dad?" Maddie questions. "Yep?" I ask. "What does your fans see in you?" She chuckles.

"A totally sexy, funny, unavailable hunk." I say jokingly. "Are you sure thats what they see?" She asks. "You know what Mads just for being mean to me you have to do dishes tonight." I pout. "Thats what the dish washer is for." She points out. "Fine you have to....uhm....well...." "BY KEVIN I HAVE NO IDEA" i yell.

*Rylie'sPov*

"Okay who made dad mad?" I asks coming in. "Well Maddie asked what the fans saw in dad." Tanner says. "Sweetie no one knows that." I joke. "So very true." She replies. "Dinner is ready by the way." I smile at my family.

We all walk back to the kitchen and sit down at the table. I serve everyone a helping of the dumplings and we say grace. We sit around laughing and cutting up.

As we are cleaning up the door bell rings. "I'll get it." I say as Maddie places the last plate in the dish washer.

I open the door to a very nervous Luke. "Hello Luke are you looking for Maddie?" I ask. "Uhm yeah I needed to talk to her." He stammers. "I'll get her." I say.

I walk into the kitchen as Maddie wipes down the Counter. "Neverous prince charming is at the door wanna talk to him or be locked away in your tower." I ask. "I think i'll talk to him although mom that tower and I are besties." She giggle. "Alright i'll finish up here." I smile. "Thanks." She says kissing my cheek.

~*~

Maddie and Luke have been on the front swing for hours talking about the future together and I can't tell if Maddie wants a future with him or nah. (Oh look I made a funny) who am I kidding i'm not funny.

Even Louis has a better funny life than I do. But thats what made me fall in love with the loon. Sometimes I believe he belongs in a mental hospital. For example Maddie gave him a stuffed pigeon for his birthday and he still sleeps with ot to this day and tucks it in.

That pigeon gets more attention than I do and i'm married to the man. Maybe he's cheating on me with the pigeon? I sure it's because he has brain damage from well birth. His mother has no idea what she had bred.

But needless to say I love him so much and could care less about that stupid stuffed toy. Maybe if it slipped into the wood chipper then that will get rid of him. Violent much? My concious asks.

Well yeah thats a little violent. Would talking be a better solution? Nah the vaccuum eating it would be.

"Are you plotting Kevins death again?" Louis asks walking in. "No why on earth would you think that?" I ask. "The evil face and you holding him by the neck does not give it away." He smirks. "Oh no this is me giving him a massage. He's been so tense." I lie.

"You never give me massages anymore." Louis pouts. "You never love me anymore." I shoot back. "Lies!" He yells happily. "Fine thats a lie but you know." I laugh. "I'm not cheating on you with a stuffed toy." He smirks. "Your strange." I giggle

He walks over placing me in his lap and kisses my lips. We lean back and I rest my head in the crook of his neck. I miss those days when Louis and I would sleep for hours cuddling. But with two kids it's hard to get a break.

That reminds me if Luke and Maddie date and he shatters her heart i'll personally break his legs. Wait what? Why would I break my best friends kids legs? I blame hormones.

But he's a good kid and it would take alot to break Maddie's heart. Not much bothers that girl. She has been bullied and it really didn't affect her. Yeah it upsetted her but she was strong and the bigger person to ignore them and tell a trusted adult.

I think i have raised my children to be good young adults. Well I guess you can say Louis raised them to be funny amd witty. I blame him if they become clowns in a circus. They wouldn't would they? No Maddie wants to go into Medical while on the other hand Tanner would much rather be a firefighter.

I'm proud of what my children have become. They are not like most teenagers. They don't smart off to Louis or I and have the best manner skills.

But I want my children to learn to love and not be afraid of the outcome. Maddie has always been scared. She just thinks that she's not good enough for anyone.

Which I think Luke begs to differ. I found a note from him in her room. (No I was not snooping.) It fell out of her covers when I was changing the beds. It reads:

Mads, you can't keep putting yourself down. I would do anything for you to be my girl friend. But you're so insecure that you would rather stay single. It can't be your looks that bother you. Maddie you have an amazing personality. Your sweet, funny, witty, and charming. Your absolutely stunning and all and all you have these beautiful eyes. So tell me the real reason you're insecure.
-Luke

Maybe i should not have read the letter but hey I'm her mother. Wait that does not give me a reason to read it.

As I lie in bed curled up next to Louis I think about what has happend in my life. How I ended up with Louis and most of all how I have the most amazing children.

I think it's because of the big man in the sky looking out out for me and I am forever greatful.

My family has been what has kept me going and I have cherished my time with them.