Chapter 22

I hate you. I freaking hate you. I cry. Rylie i'm so sorry it was never my intentions. Louis says with his hands buried in his face. Anything wrong you lovely couple. The man smirks. Where is my daughter. I scream at him. She's close bye. He smirks once more. I want to just get up and smack that smug look off of his face.

So drop the charges on my son and you'll get your precious little girl back. He says. Your son drove drunk and killed my daughter and two sons of yours how could I possibly drop charges? I growl as tears flow down my face. Because he's all I have. He killed my babies. The man growls back. He promised he would keep them safe and he lied. The man says.

Then why want him back? Let him suffer like you had to. I sniffle. I want to but I can't. He's suffered enough. He sighs. How? I softly ask. You can trust me. I add equally soft. H-he lost his mom and girlfriend to cancer. Same type. Same day. Same time. Same way. He says. I sit there shocked. Thats unbelievable.

Just let me have my daughter back please. She's all I have besides tanner. I say. What about your soon to be husband. I sit there not knowing what to say because of all the anger I have towards him right now. I love him so much but right now not so much. He had our daughter kidnapped because of some charges.

I'll kill the girl if you don't drop the charges. He growls. No if you kill anyone it would have to be me. Louis says. Lou you can't. I cry. You're mad at me Rylie. He says. Might as well. If it's what protects Maddie. He adds. Look i'll- I'll pay you to leave. But I just can't drop the charges. I sigh.

Fine you've decided. He says. He aims the gun at louis and fires. I scream and run to Louis. Louis please stay with me. You have to. I need you. I cry. Another gun shot sounds and the guy falls to the floor. No no no. Where is Maddie. I cry. Somebody help me! I scream. I quickly add pressure to Louis' wound.

Ten minute later the police and EMT show up. You have to help him. I cry. Stand back miss. They say. I look down at my blood soaked hands and back over to Louis. Please Louis I need you. I whisper/cry. Rylie! louis! Liam says running in. Liam. I cry rushing into his arms. I-Is he alright? He stammers. I don't know. I say honestly.

~*~

It's been three hours. I say. I should have just gave in to the guy. I cry. About an hour ago they found Maddie in a old building tied up and passed out. She's fine and is with zaynah. As is Tanner. Louis is still in surgery. He's in alright condition the bullet missed his heart and went into his shoulder.

It's alright Rylie he's fine. Liam sighs. But I know honestly he is not. I told him I hated him. I don't hate him I love him more than words can say. He brightens my day. He makes me feel like the only one for him. When honestly he could do better than me.

Mrs. Tomlinson.? The doctor says confused. Uh thats me but we are not married yet. I say. Well Mr. Tomlinson is alright just in a lot of pain from the wound. would you like to see him? Ge asks.

Would I?

Yes I would. I say. We walk down the hall and I enter into Louis' room. He's awake and looking out of the window. Lou. I whisper. He looks over at me and inhale deeply. I'm so sorry. I cry. No baby it's my fault. He says. I walk over to him and he wraps his good arm around me. I gently kiss his lips and look into his eyes.

Maddie is okay. She's with Zaynah. i say hoping that will help. I guess it doesn't because he shakes his head. I almost had her killed. He says. But she's fine. I say. I know Rylie. He snaps and I quickly get up from my position next to him.

It's the point that I actually almost had her killed. Rylie I screwed up. He growls. Lou- The worst part is she's the only thing I care about right now. Well and Tanner. He scoffs. I don't understand. Rylie your so dense. My point is that I mess up and you forgive me. Whats the point? He asks.

The point is that I love you and know everyone has flaws. This is just a stupid mistake. I forgive you because you deserve it. I say. Just know that. I add. I don't Ry. I don't deserve it because screwing up like this is horrible. Beyond horrible actually. He states.

Just shut up for once. I grumble and kiss his cheek. You didn't mess up on purpose. I whisper. Your just tried to do right. Your just being a father. I shyly smile. Just know I need you. I add. I-I need you too. He says. Admiting that takes my man card doesn't it. He jokes. Nope it gains you

Points. I smile At him. You deserve them. I add.

Louis is-is it a bad idea to be getting married? I ask silently. Maybe we can can move the wedding yeah? I add asking. No! I want to be married. It's just if I am in a brace or something then i'm marrying you. He says.

Than so be it Mr. Tomlinson. I giggle. I'm fine I promise. He whispers into my hair. I love you so much Rylie. He adds kissing my forehead.

We'll be fine. I say. I'm not sure if I mean this but I want us to be fine. I want to be happy with Louis. But not

In the same flat as the one we are in now. Knowing that man died there, Louis being shoot there and maddie being kidnapped I can't stay there.

Lou. I can't stay in the same flat any more not after all this. I sigh. We'll move then. He says. I smile at him and after about thirty minutes we both fall asleep.

I love you more than you think. I hear him add being dozing off.