Chapter 3

Colton? Are you home? I say and all that comes back is complete silence. Where the heck is he? I say to myself. What do you want Rylie? He asks walking in with a beer in hand. Not normal he never drinks. I say to myself.

I want to explain. Explain what Ry? You kissed my best friend when we were still dating. Engaged. what are you gonna say that makes it better. It wasn't his fault. I mumble. Speak up. He growls. It wasn't his fault okay I didn't know what to say I kissed him so that he would keep the promise. He knew I wasn't dead okay. I scream.

I can feel the tears form in my eyes and my throat feels knotted. Get out. He screams back. Fine by me. I say and run out the door. I find myself running 5 miles to Louis' as i climb the stairs I think about that one night.

I knock on the door and Louis opens. All I can do is wrap my arms around him. Are you alright? He asks. As he closes the doors. I messed up Louis. I cry. Its okay what could you have possibly done? He says. Louis, Colton knows about my kiss with Hunter and- I can't help but cry and fall to the ground.

Your the only person I knew to come to. I say as he kneels infront of me. Rylie its okay he just needs to blow off some steam he's just upset. Louis says kissing my forehead. I really hope your right. I laugh. Come on get up and dry those eyes. I stand up and wrap my arms around my waist. I love you. he whispers almost unhearable.

I gently pull back and look into his eyes. After all these years he still loves me? I think to myself. What did you say? I ask. Uh he loves you. He says. But I know he's lieing I heard what he said. He can't admit that he still loves me I can't admit I still love him.

I can't explain how much I love Colton either its to hard to express my feelings for him. Maybe its a wizard thing. Most of all I hate being a wizard. So are you staying over? He asks. Sure. I smile and sit down on the sofa.

Its fine Ry he'll get over it. I mean for latin sakes it was 3 years ago. But The point is he held a grudge for the whole time when I dated you. I say. Oh. He says flatly. I was mad at you for lieing. He whispers. What do you mean? Because when you "died" I had nothing keeping me going And- You had El. I say. I didn't love her like I love you.

Yeah? I never wanted to break up with you but you said I should focus on my career and you never got to see me. Well it was true. I whisper. I couldn't let you throw your life away for me. I say. There is one oter thing. I say. What is it? Maddie and Tanner are yours. I mumble. Huh? He asks.

I can't do it. I sigh and say that I never stopped loving him. Which is the truth. I mean he's my best friend the one I dreamed of dating when I was younger. I swore you said something else. He chuckles. Nope thats what I said. I lie. Okay? He smiles.

~~*~~

I wake up cuddled into Louis' arms and my face close to the chest. Oh no no no this can't happen. I pull away and jump up. He doesn't move but I run into the bathroom and fall against the door. When did we fall asleep? Why did I anyways.

Louis we have to get up. I say as I struggle from his grip. Up where? He moans/chuckles. We got to get out of bed you doof. I laugh. sorry Babe i'm to warm to do that. Fine. I groan and settle back down.

*Colton's Pov*

~~**~~

Why did i get mad over something stupid with Rylie? Shs kissed him though. I sigh and push my hair back with my hands and rest my elbows on the table. Daddy? I look up and see Maddie, Tanner and Kara standing in the door space.

Hey baby? Sport? I say. How is mommy alive if she died? She didn't die. But- I'll explain it to you when your older all that matters is she is still with us. wait mommy is the girl I saw the other tay? Kara Asks. She's so cute! Yes that was your mom. I smile. She pretty. Kara stammers.

Yes she's is. i mumble. isn't it time for you kids to be in bed? I ask. Yes sir. Tanner mumbles. Come on. I smile. I take them to there rooms and tuck them in. Good night daddy. Maddie smiles. Good night sweetie.

I'll figure this out all tomorrow. If I only knew where Rylie ran off to.