Part 22 "In between two worlds"

Start from the beginning

"Bullshit" you mumbled, getting up and going to your shared room with Sarah and Calum. You barely saw Sarah's outline that layed on her bed, soft snores coming from her. Calum was just about to get in the bed when his eyes met yours, as if he could see something confusing you.

"Are...are you okay?" he cleared his throat, remaining in a low tone not to wake up Sarah, but she's a heavy sleeper so it will be okay. You scoffed lightly.

"Yes I am. But you, you don't talk to me all day and now you decide to ask that? I'm sorry Calum but aren't you the alpha, shouldn't you be there to support us and not run away?" you bored into his dark, chocolate eyes, you could tell he was holding back not to start a fight as his jaw clenched and he looked away.

"Don't" he made a little snarl at the end, and you didn't say anything else, you just got out of your jeans and layed down. Maybe you had a single bed, but Calum's was right next to yours a few meters away. He layed there too on his back, unspoken words drifting into air as the two of you cooled down.

"Goodnight Cal" you whispered,

"Night Willow" he said in the same matter before drifting off to sleep.

***

Your dream repeated again, but this time when the two silhouettes came you couldn't breathe for a longer time. You didn't want to choose for some reason, you wanted to reach out and grab a hand, but something was keeping you from it. You regained your breath and there was no flash, at least noone was dead in it, quite the contrary... The bracelet was there in a dim lit room, you slowly approached it, echoes of your footsteps heard, the words read...they...how?

"Zaine's soul lies here" was that why he gave it to you? Did he know that he wasn't going to make it so one day when you are in need of guidence he'll be there? And then everything went black which made you wake up.

"Fuck" you muttered, sitting up straight. You wiped the sweat off of your forehead, looking around the room. Sarah still sound asleep, but the sun was keeping in from the cracks on the window.

"What is wrong?" you heard a voice, turning around you looked at Calum who was also sitting up, turned to look at you. You were deciding if you should tell him or not and he noticed your hesitation, so he tilted his head, looking down then back at you.

"Please tell me Willow" he pleaded. You sighed, knowing where this is gonna go.

"We gotta go back" you whispered, he quirked a brow.

"What do you mean back? Where?" he asked, you shook your head, questioning yourself on how to tell him.

"Back, to our world, to the center where the barrier is. We have to put it back up" you explained simply. There was a moment of silence, an awkward one.

"Why now? We just arrived here, we have wolves that are captured. We can't go back and leave them" he looks away, you could tell he was torn in two, he didn't know what to do, but then again noone did. You didn't have any clues on where they were.

"Listen Calum, I know that they are here and God knows what's happening with them but..." your voice fell silent, your eyes tearing up at the thought of those people being tortured.

"But we have to do something, please listen to me" your eyes met yet again, it was now or never so you stood up and went over to his bed.