Erik Killmonger x Reader: I'll Stay Until Your Very Last Breath

Dedicated to SavannahHester3

WARNING: This Erik Killmonger x Reader contains a reader that will experience death. So, if this is too much for you, PLEASE do not read this one.

   Y/N'S POV

  As I laid in the hospital bed, I watched as Erik paced back and forth. I knew what he was thinking right now, but he and I both knew that it was possible that I wasn't going back on the decision I had previously made several days ago for tomorrow.
  My condition was becoming worse every single day, and I had personally made the decision that today would be my last day.

  Erik finally stopped pacing and said,"No. No. We always figure out stuff together. We can figure this out. Maybe we just need to try that other treatment the doctor was telling us about. It can't hurt, right?"

  I softly said,"N'..N'Jadaka.."

  Tears fell down Erik's face as he said,"Don't, princess, just don't. Don't say it."

  I painfully held out my hand for Erik, and he immediately took my hand. He sat down in the chair beside the bed and ran his thumb across my knuckles.

  He continued to let his tears fall as he said to me,"You're always trying to be dramatic, Y/N. It's really not funny this time."

  I coughed and waited a couple more moments before I spoke again,"I..I am d..dramatic, E..Erik. It's..It's what I..I do best."

  Erik placed kisses on my knuckles, before he began to cry as he said,"You can't leave me. You can't. Y/N, we just got married. We're supposed to be representing."

  Tears formed in my eyes, and I said,"I..I know, E..Erik, but..but I'm tired. I..I'm really t..tired."

  Erik used his other hand to stroke my cheek as he said,"Then, you can sleep and we can figure it out tomorrow when I come see you."

  I said,"Th..They're just g..going to..to put me on..on more medication. It's..It's not w..working, Erik."

  Erik nodded, before he said,"Okay. I'll..I'll support your decision. I'm gonna miss you. I'm really gonna miss you."

  Erik rested his forehead against my own, and I brought my free hand up to his face. I closed my eyes, even though I felt like screaming from the pain I was currently experiencing.
  Even though I was ready to take my last breath, I wasn't prepared to do it without Erik here.

  More tears fell down my face as I asked Erik,"C..Can y..you stay?"

  Erik nodded saying,"Of course. I'm not leaving you. They're going to have to fight me in order to get me to leave. Even if they do fight me, they'll lose."

  I laughed, and Erik smiled at me. His smile quickly turned into a frown when he saw how badly my hands were shaking.

  I apologized, but he said,"Don't apologize to me. It's okay. I love you."

  I replied,"I..I love y..you, too."

  He gave me several kisses, before he got in beside me. I didn't even know if he could be in the bed with me, but I doubt anyone was going to even attempt to touch him.

   THE NEXT DAY...

  Erik kept looking at the monitor to the left of him, and I said,"E..Erik, it's o..okay."

  Erik held both of my hands, and I smiled at him for as long I was able to. And before I took my last breath, the last thing I saw was Erik resting his head against my hands.

   TWO MONTHS LATER....

   ERIK'S POV

  Two months. It had been two months since Y/N had let the doctors put her out of the pain she had been experiencing for months. I wish I could have done something to prevent her from being in so much pain, but she always reassured me that me coming to see her was one of the few things that had managed to make her happy during that stressful time.
  I made Y/N happy, and I was going to continue to make her happy. Yes, she was no longer here, but I would continue to look out for those she cared about. Even if I often thought about finding a way to bring Y/N back, I knew that it wasn't going to do me any good. I would get through this, even if it took a long time.