T'Challa x Reader: Needing a Hero

Dedicated to itjusstkindofhappend

   Y/N'S POV

  I rolled my eyes as Erik talked to me about his life story. I understood where he was coming from and he was cute and all, but he lost me when he started talking bad about T'Challa.
  Erik was talking about my man like he's nothing. Did he think that I would understand? Nah, that's not how it works, Erik..

  Erik looked at me and said,"You have a short attention span, and it annoys me."

  I chuckled and shrugged saying,"I really don't care. Why do you talk so much? What's the story behind that?"

  Erik looked mad and I said,"Do you know The Hulk? I've always wanted to meet him. I like the color green."

  Erik rolled his eyes and I asked him,"So, you kidnapped me to talk about T'Challa?"

  Erik shook his head and replied,"I kidnapped you to bring him here. I want him to feel what I felt the moment I came in and found my dad. I want him to feel what I felt when I realized I was alone, and his father left like a coward. He'll feel that through you. Don't worry, darling. I actually thought we had a connection through this."

  I scoffed, and Erik grabbed my face.

  He made me look at him and said,"You call him and tell him to come find you."

  I said,"I won't be doing anything. I'm sure he's already on his way. I thought you would've thought that through."

  Erik began to squeeze my face; I groaned in pain.

  He leaned my chair back and my cheeks were starting to hurt from his tight grip on my face. A couple seconds later, someone cleared their throat.

  "You know, if you're going to kidnap my girlfriend, at least know what you're getting into."

  I turned and saw T'Challa in his Black Panther suit.

  T'Challa noticed my tears and Erik immediately let go of my face, but my chair fell back. I hit the ground and groaned when my face hit the ground.
Erik cut the ties around my wrists and pulled me up, holding a knife to my neck.

  I held in my next breath, and Erik said,"You're girlfriend..She's quite the talker, your highness."

  When Erik said "your highness," I could hear the hatred and disgust in his voice. It was strong..

  T'Challa sighed and explained to Erik,"She doesn't need to be dragged into this, Erik. She likes to talk and sometimes it's hard to tell when she's being sarcastic, but I love her. Please don't take her away from me."

  Erik pulled the knife even closer to my neck and my panic rose a few notches.

  Erik laughed and said,"Why shouldn't I take her away from you? Your father didn't give my father a chance, did he? Did he ever come back to even see how I was doing? No!! He left me defenseless and without a father!!"

  I took that chance to take the knife from Erik and step back, with it still in my hands. T'Challa took it from me, and Erik rushed towards T'Challa.
  I punched Erik and he fell back, but he ran back towards me. T'Challa grabbed him from behind and threw him through one of the walls. That was enough to knock Erik out.

  T'Challa walked over to Erik and I asked him,"What do we do with him?"

  T'Challa replied,"I don't know. Maybe Agent Ross knows what to do with him. I can't take him to Wakanda. He may try to take the throne again. I don't have time for that."

  I chuckled and T'Challa smiled at me, but then I felt my cheeks. They burned, and T'Challa moved my hands.

  He placed kisses on both of my cheeks, and I asked him,"What took you so long to get here?"

  T'Challa said,"Shuri. We had an argument. Mother made us talk it out."

  I held back a laugh and said,"Same old, T'Challa."

  T'Challa smiled at me and stroked my cheek saying,"Same old, Y/N, getting herself into trouble."

  I smiled back at T'Challa and said,"Let's get out of here before he wakes up and makes me listen to another story. He talks a lot."

  T'Challa said,"And you don't?"

  I said to him, in a warning tone,"T'Challa, you better watch your next words carefully, young man."

  T'Challa chuckled and said,"Young man?"

  I rolled my eyes and said,"Stop it, T'Challa. Just stop it."