T'Challa x Reader: And Black Panther's Not Good Enough?

Y/N'S POV

  I was furious. No, I was mad. Wait, that basically meant the same thing. Anyway, T'Challa had put off our wedding, and I was already in my dress waiting to walk through those doors to see my husband-to-be. Yet, I found out from Okoye that T'Challa had put a stop to what was supposed to be the happiest day of my life.
  I watched through the slightly cracked door as our guests left and went their separate ways. So when I found T'Challa, I took many deep breaths to not scream at him. I'm sure T'Challa had an amazing explanation for this. I just know that T'Challa had an excuse so great that I wouldn't know what to do with it. I would be so speechless.

  T'Challa stepped down from his throne and said,"My Love, I know what you're going to say, but please listen to me."

  T'Challa and that accent...

  I stomped my foot and said,"Just talk, T'Challa. Why are you here instead of down there?"

  T'Challa said,"I am..afraid, Y/N. I am very afraid that this wedding will not have a purpose, and that you will not be with me for long."

  T'Challa sat down on the first step, and I sat down beside him.

  I stroked his cheek saying,"T'Challa, it's okay to be scared. I'm scared, but I know that I'm not making a mistake. I know that you're going to be an amazing husband and that things will be okay. Sure, things may get hard, but we work through things. We get through things together, and I know we will continue to do that. I completely understand that you're scared, but you shouldn't let that stop you from getting married to me."

  I made a face at T'Challa, and T'Challa smiled at me.

  I continued on by saying,"You want to marry me, T'Challa. You need to marry me. You're useless without me."

  T'Challa laughed, but he said,"I don't know about that, Y/N. I am useful without you."

  I replied,"T'Challa, I wasn't done talking."

  T'Challa kissed my hand, before I said,"I just wanted to make you laugh, but I see how you feel, T'Challa. What's causing you to be scared?"

  T'Challa replied,"Your ex. He knows things that I do not know about you, and I am concerned that you will fall for him and marry him. I want to make you proud, Y/N."

  I said,"T'Challa, you have always made me proud. Whatever my ex knows, I can promise you that it is nothing to cause me to want to be with him again. If anything, it will make me want to be as far away from him as possible. I only want to marry you, which is why I was so ready to get married to you today. Black Panther makes me proud every single day, and I know that Wakanda is both amazed and proud of you. Your father would also be very proud of the man you are today. Don't doubt your importance to me, T'Challa. You're more than enough."

  T'Challa leaned on me and said,"So, Black Panther can count on you to be out there beside him?"

  I placed several kisses on T'Challa's cheek, before I said,"You don't have to talk about yourself in third person, baby, but yes. Black Panther can count on me to be right there beside him, no matter what else is going on at that particular moment."

  T'Challa just looked at me, and I said,"T'Challa, it's okay. We will get through this together. I believe that. I won't let you down or betray you. You have my word."

  T'Challa hugged me, before he said,"I trust you with my life, Y/N. I will not let my fear stop me from marrying you. Let's get married."

  "Finally. T'Challa, just shed some tears or something when you see me in my dress for the first time."

  T'Challa looked down to look at my dress, but I pushed his face in the other direction, and he laughed saying,"I have already seen it, Y/N. You're in it."

  I said,"Which is why you have to play the part of the guy that's seeing his future wife in her wedding dress for the first time, and I'll play my part tomorrow."

  T'Challa said in confusion,"Tomorrow?"

  I replied,"Yes, Panther, tomorrow. Our guests left the second there was no longer a wedding taking place today. There was no reason for them to stay. I saw my grandmother practically running to get out of here."

  T'Challa pulled me in for a side hug and said,"We'll be married tomorrow. I love you, Y/N."

  "I love you right back, T'Challa."