Erik Killmonger x Reader: The Best Kind of Man

Y/N'S POV

  There was nothing like the feeling of being fired. I was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Because of that, my boss didn't want to hear a word I said. It's funny how when you think you have a new best friend, they turn out to be the exact opposite. The last thing I needed right now was being without a job. Since my supposed best friend, Keisha, was good at manipulation, I came across as unprepared when it came for the confession time.
  On the way home, I began to worry about everything and how I wasn't going to take care of my baby girl and Erik and my other priorities..I had to find something soon; I didn't even know where I was going to find another job. I didn't have much experience with anything, besides from the job I just got fired from. I didn't have a college degree either, because I was used to looking out for myself. I couldn't possibly afford college either.

  When I walked through the front door, Erik was holding our baby girl, Danielle, in his arms. He greeted me at the door with his breath-taking smile and a kiss.

  He squeezed my shoulder and asked me,"How was work?"

  I said,"Uh..good. Lots of paperwork."

  Erik nodded and fixed the back of my skirt saying,"That kind of mood, huh? Look, baby, I made dinner, so you don't have to worry about it today."

  I smiled at Erik and gave him a kiss in thank you. Danielle leaned forward and I gave her multiple kisses before she smiled. Her smile was the cutest smile ever to me.

 I went into the bathroom and hopped into the shower.

  When I felt overwhelmed about what I was going to do next, I silently cried in the shower and heard Erik yell,"BABY, COME ON! YOUR DINNER'S GOING TO GET COLD!"

  I hurried up and got dressed into my robe before I sat down at the dinner table. Erik set down my food in front of me, and Danielle was asleep in her crib.

  Erik leaned back in his chair, and I did my best to make conversation with him.

  That conversation didn't even last that long before he said,"You weren't going to tell me you got fired from work today?"

  I looked up at him and said,"Erik, I was going to. I just-"

  I stopped when Erik walked up to my chair.
  He made me stand up before he sat me down in his lap.

  He wrapped his arms around me and leaned on me, asking,"Who do I need to visit or call Y/N?"

  Just being in Erik's arms, I broke down and he held me tightly.

  I said,"Erik, what are we going to do? I'm sorry. I didn't know this was going to happen. What about Danielle?"

  Erik looked down at me and comforted me saying,"Y/N, we'll figure this out. I know whatever happened, it wasn't your fault. You'll get another job. I know you will. You're smart and beautiful. Anyone would be lucky to have you at their company. Did I mention you're smart and beautiful?"

  I chuckled and sniffed saying,"You did mention that already, honey."

  Erik smiled down at me and kissed both of my hands saying,"Just making sure you heard me and you know. You actin' like you don't know, Y/N."

  I giggled and buried my face in his shoulder mumbling,"I know, Erik. I know I'm beautiful."