Erik Killmonger x Reader: Saying the Three Words

Y/N'S POV

  After the dinner with my family, I walked out of my parents' house and was caught off-guard by my best friend, Erik Killmonger, standing across from me.

  Erik walked up to me and said,"You not gonna say "hello"?"

  I replied,"No, I've got better things to do. Why are you creeping around?"

  "I'm not creeping around, and you're disrespectful. I can't even get a "hello" from you."

  I smiled and said,"Hello, Erik. It's good to know that you're still breathing. I haven't heard from you in a couple of days."

  Erik smiled back at me, before I noticed his hairstyle.

  I walked around him and said,"Are you trying to impress a girl, Erik?"

  Erik didn't respond to me, and I nudged him saying,"Killmonger, you can tell me. I won't tell her, if I don't know her."

  Erik still said nothing, before Erik asked me,"Do you trust me?"

  I nodded saying,"Why wouldn't I trust you, Erik? Yes, I trust you. Are you in trouble?"

  Erik took my hand, and my mom said,"What are you two doing out here?"

  Erik let go of my hand, and he answered my mother's question,"Nothing, Mrs. L/N. It's good to see you."

  Mom looked over at me, before she said to Erik,"It's good to see you too, honey. Why don't you come inside?"

  Erik said,"I'd love to, but I should get going."

  I took Erik's hand and said,"No, you can come inside, and then tell me why you are here. You came here for a reason, Erik."

  Erik shook his head and said,"It's not important. Goodnight, Y/N."

  He squeezed my hand, before he left.

  Mom walked up beside me and asked me,"When are you leaving?"

  I said,"Mom.."

  She laughed, before she said,"What was Erik here for?"

  I replied,"I'm not sure, but I'm concerned. Maybe I'm just being dramatic."

  Mom shook her head saying,"No, you're in love, Y/N. Something's wrong. Go to him. You were supposed to be leaving anyway."

  I hugged Mom, before I drove to where I thought Erik would be. However, he wasn't there. Then, I tried the park that we met at every so often. When I spotted Erik, I walked over to where he was sitting and sat down next to him.

  He jumped but said,"Y/N, don't do that. Why are you here?"

  I rested my head on his shoulder saying,"I'm here, because I'm concerned about you. What were you going to say to me?"

  Erik said,"I said what I wanted to say to you."

  "I don't believe you, Erik. You had more to say, so tell me."

  Erik looked down at me and said,"I love you, but I don't know if I'm worthy enough to provide for you. You probably don't want to be with me anyway."

  "Did you ask me if I wanted to be with you?"

  "No."

  "Then, ask me, Killmonger."

  "Y/N, would you want to be with me?"

  "Yes, Erik, I would, and I want to be with you. I love you, too, Erik."

  I lifted my head off of his shoulder and pulled him in for a kiss. Erik kissed back and pulled me into his arms.

  When the kiss was over, I said,"Whoa, that was probably the best kiss I have ever had."

  Erik smirked saying,"I know it was."

  "Erik, don't be arrogant, or you won't get another kiss from me."