XIX

⚠️TW//: Domestic Abuse is mentioned⚠️

Drew Smith

"Why the fuck is there an open investigation on me?"  I asked Mike Walker - who was the chief of police at Dade County Police Department.

"Open investigation? What the hell are you talking about Andrew?" Walker asked while glancing up from his computer and looking at me. Walker, and all the other officers in Dade County P.D were on our payroll.

"There's word that the feds are investigating a murder that I supposedly had a part in. You have any information about that?" I asked Walker which caused him to shrug his shoulders aggressively. Although he was on my payroll, dude doesn't really fuck with me and that's understandable.

"Do I look like the feds? Andrew I'm just a police officer. Dade county has no open investigation on you, as far as I'm concerned."

I watched as he got up and excused himself going to the back. Letting out an exhale, I grabbed a paper cup and filled it up with cold water from the fountain. I took small sips while watching the crooked ass activity that took place in the Department. Growing bored, I got ready to leave until I heard a door slam.

From behind the door emerged a woman talking loudly to a police officer who was trying to comfort her. My interest was peaked again and I watched as she turned her back to me and talked to the police with her hands and a raised voice.

⚠️⚠️

"This is the second time this month that I'm reporting him for domestic abuse! How come you guys aren't doing anything about it?"

"Ma'am you have no evidence. We need pictures or some type of physical proof. Right now it just seems like an allegation." The officer tried to reason with her, but she grew frustrated and turned away from the short, pot bellied female officer.

I looked at her smooth brown complexion, before I gazed into her captivating olive eyes that I used to obsess over.

"Treasure?" I called her name out catching the attention of both her and the officer. The officer glanced at me before walking away while Treasure made her way over to me.

"Drew? I haven't seen you in a while!" Treasure stated before pulling me into an embrace right in the middle of the police department. I broke away from her and couldn't help but to examine how nice her body looked in the matching short skirt and blazer outfit she was wearing.

"I'm about to leave. You need a ride or something?" I questioned her and a smile spread across her face before she nodded and walked alongside me to my car.

I watched her enter carefully, making sure not to tear her tight skirt before I hopped inside the drivers side. Before I started up my car, I studied her side profile while she peered down at her phone furiously typing with a frown etched on her close to perfect face.

"Treasure," I said briefly catching her attention before her phone buzzed again, causing her to grow distracted. "Look at me for a second." I said before she gave me her full attention with a small smile on her face.

I closely examined her face and couldn't seem to find any marks or bruises. Grabbing her arms, I also checked them and found no visible marks on her smooth skin.

Silently, I started my car up and started the drive back to her place since I knew the location by heart. I tried to distract myself from thinking about her situation, but I just couldn't. The thought of a man hitting on her didn't sit right with me.