Chap.22: Lost

"Here!" You handed out water bottles to the boys to regain their stamina

"We are gonna change the formation for this set! Me and (L/n) talked about it to make our defense to the bare minimum..." Ukai paused, letting you continue. You cleared your throat and said.

"Oikawa-san's serves are hard to receive, we sometimes hesitate on who will receive it and it might effect our team. Daichi-san and Yuu-chan will be at the back to receive his monster serve."

You show them a thumbs up telling them you trust them. You looked at Hinata feeling down that the ball went outside when he blocked it, giving the other team the first set.

"Hinata-kun that was a great block! Great job!" You approached him to compliment him, making him flattered. He let out a nervous laugh and scratched the back of his head. "R-Really? But it went outside the court-".

"Nah It's alright! That was pretty cool!" You pet his fluffy hair to make him fired up for the match. You felt Kageyama stare at you while his restlessness tell you to let him play on the court again.

You turned around to look at him as he looked the other way. "Kageyama-kun please stop staring it's making me feel uneasy."

"S-Sorry.." You sighed and thought of a way to help him with the team. "Kageyama, try to communicate with the others like how was toss that you set to them or something to adjust the team's play like Suga-san!"

He stared at you without saying anything, you felt disturbed as you stared back at him.

Kageyama's pov

What does communicate mean again?

"If you don't know what it means, it means talk to them..." She said in a casual manner, thankfully she told me

"Your ability to read people is pretty scary." Is this communication?

"Uh t-thanks I guess..." She walked towards Tsukishima and talked with him, making me feel a little jealous.

Your pov

I glance back at Kageyama to see him speaking with Suga-san about something, making me put a smile on my face.

"So what do you want Shorty?" I heard Tsukishima say as he smirks at me. I wanted to say a come back to him but was too tired to do it so I let it slide for now.

"You haven't really done anything in the match..." I triggered him "...it's like you're not playing at a 100% is there something wrong?" I smirked, provoking him to play the match more seriously.

Sometimes provoking people is like cheering for them I think...

3rd person pov

"I'm sorry I can't play my best today~, we are facing a strong team that its making me nervous~..." he said, drooling with sarcasm. You were pissed by how he talked but luckily Yamaguchi was there to restrain you.

"...and what's the point of going all out just to lose." He mumbled under his breath as the referee blew the whistle.

The players step in the court for the second set, you glared at Tsukishima for about a minute until Yamaguchi spoke up to you.

"Sorry about Tsukki he's always like this." He gave out a nervous laugh as you laugh along with him.

"No it's alright. Oh by the way how's your jump floaters?"

"It's pretty bad, I can barely get them in." He said in a sad tone. "Don't worry about it!" You pat his back to give him reassurance.

"At least you can get them in....barely." You wanted to cheer him up but felt like you're doing it wrong so you mumbled the last part. You looked up to Yamaguchi, making him flinch and blush all of a sudden. He was actually happy that you 'complimented' him.