Chap. 21: The Great King

"Go Karasuno! You guys can do this!" Satsuki yells from the spectators.

You gazed at Oikawa intently trying to figure out what is he gonna do.

Tsukishima starts the match off with a serve but Kunimi was able to receive it, two of their players run in for the jump. Oikawa jumped and positioned his arms for a set ,or so you thought. His figure looked different and that's when you realize his gonna dump it.

"Watch out!" You yelled out but it was too late as he spiked the ball down to Karasuno's side of the court and got his team a point off the bat.

Ukai was annoyed but managed to keep his cool.

"A setter dump is where the setter attacks, right?" Takeda asked making sure he was right.

"Yep, it's so annoying I hate it." You sighed

"I'll give you a hint, pay attention like little (N/n)-chan there, maybe you can stop me." He tells the team while looking at you with a smirk.

You were pissed, veins were popping in your head, you raised your sleeve and mumbled. "I may be short but, I can beat the living hell out of you..." but thankfully, Takeda restrained you from doing so.

"R-Relax (L/n), please don't actually beat him up." He gave out a nervous laugh.

Matsukawa from Aoba Johsai started off with a serve, Daichi received it perfectly passing the ball to Kageyama. Tanaka and Hinata readied for the spike. Kageyama tossed the ball to Hinata, doing their demon quick attack.

Hanamaki was able to receive it with ease, Oikawa ran and jumped to spike the ball, doing another setter dump but, this time it was obvious. You looked at one of the players, Iwaizumi, jumping in for the attack. More veins popped in your head at what he's about to do.

You wanted to warn them but it's too late to do so. Tanaka and Hinata jumped to block him. Oikawa change his spike to a set, setting the ball to Iwaizumi. Iwaizumi spiked, gaining a point for their team.

"Well, he's a more troublesome opponent than I thought." Ukai stated

"Right, we may have one a practice match the other day but now that this has their conductor to lead them, it's something else." Takeda said

"We can do this..." you mumbled, catching their attention.

"We need away to surprise them."

...

Aoba Johsai serves again, Nishinoya received it giving it to Kageyama.

"Bring it on!!" Hinata screamed out, jumping at the center. Tanaka runs from the left, Asahi prepares for a pipe.

That's great confuse th-

Kageyama dumps the ball to the other side of the court, surprising everyone even you didn't expect that move. The whole gymnasium went wild.

"He sure hates losing, huh?" You can't help but chuckle a little at Tsukishima's statement. He glanced at your reaction, blushing a bit and looking away.

"Next time, I'll be doing the same thing. Pay attention." Kageyama said to Oikawa calmly yet (lowkey) threatening. You stared at Kageyama, wondering what is he saying to Tra- I mean- Oikawa.

He glance at your direction, finding you staring at him. You blushed, you didn't realize you have been staring at him. "N-Nice one, Kageyama!" He smiled back at you, making your heart race a little as he went back into the game.

It was Kageyama's turn to serve but he put to much power into his serve, giving the opponents a free point. Takeda and Ukai started feeling nervous because Oikawa is about to do his killer serve.