Chapter 4 - Deeper than Before

Anna

The unfamiliar sounds of a jungle coming alive at night had Anna rearing upright on the bed in sudden startlemeant. Gasping, she glanced down to her bare breasts and with a reflexive motion started to raise the blanket to cover them.

"Don't." Came a soft command from beside her on the bed.

Her hands stopped and with a fuzzy awakening of consciousness, she turned her head in the gathering darkness of the room to view the confident male that lay beside her on the bed. Anna then felt her face blush hot as she remembered everything that had occurred earlier.

She'd never orgasmed like that in her life before. Neither had she ever felt so intimately and thoroughly possessed by a man before.

He'd mounted her just as she'd imagined he might, when she'd sat in his brother's study. The life she'd once lived seemed so far left behind now.

He'd taken her roughly and she'd liked it. Her reactions to him almost scared her, if it wasn't for the fact that she wanted to make this her home even as he undoubtedly was her man.

His voice sounding husky he asked within the gloom of the room, "What are you thinking?"

What was she thinking? She wasn't really sure.

Was this really going to be her life from now on? Was this leader of a people really her husband?

How had it all happened? Hours had passed by and yet even now she felt her womb awash with this strong man's seed.

Without a doubt, she knew this man would succeed in making her pregnant. Not only had her God given her security unlike any other as to belong to such a man, who she knew would die before he let another man touch her, but He was also granting her coveted wish of having children of her own.

Feeling the need to say something in reply to him she said, "Thank you."

"Mahlon."

"What?" She asked in soft reply.

"My name is Mahlon." Came his deep reply.

Smiling shyly she said, "Thank you Mahlon."

"For what?"

She didn't know how to express the enormity of everything in regards to the way that her life had seemingly changed for the better overnight. That said she tried, "I'm very grateful to be yours. I...... thank you for keeping me even though I'm not the ideal of what you wanted."

"You're far more than I expected let alone, much less deserve." Came his steady reply from the shadows.

His words with an air of humbleness tinged with sincerity unlocked a part of her heart. He thought she was more than he deserved?

She didn't want to tell him otherwise, but he was very wrong. Truly, this all was a fairy tale somehow.

A fairy tale that she wanted to continue to be a part of. Turning in the bed, she leaned down over his face and for a moment paused before shyly asking, "May I......."

"May you what?" He responded with husky voiced.

She couldn't see his eyes in the darkness of the room, but his mouth's outline was clear enough to her and not wasting another moment she ducked her head down and kissed him. It was a long passionate kiss. A kiss that had both of their mouths opening upon each other as their tongues entwined in a timeless dance of lovers.