Seven; Looks Like A Snake Bite

╔══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╗Looks Like A Snake Bite╚══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╝

Looks Like A Snake Bite
╚══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╝

    Lynette had a death grip on Merlin's jacket as she stood between him and her father. Another match for Arthur had begun, and it was safe to say that the prince did nothing to ease Lynette's worry each time. Merlin found seeing his cousin so worried about a born fighter amusing, but Gaius felt differently. He disliked seeing her face contort in fear and worry; he couldn't help but wonder if she realized how much she wore her heart on her sleeve.

     "My dear, would you rather not attend today's matches?" Gaius asked. "Perhaps you could collect herbs in the forest."

     Lynette glanced up at him, "And not support Arthur? I'll never hear the end of it if I'm not there to see one or two matches at least."

     Merlin chuckled, "You just enjoy the view."

     "Is that a bad thing?" Lynette asked, her question innocent enough, but it appeared Merlin had interpreted differently.

     Merlin choked on the apple he had brought, "I guess not."

     "Good. We will leave the discussion there, then." Lynette replied, not seeing Gaius shake his head at the two.

     The man worried for his daughter, and he feared for the prince as well. Neither hid their feelings well, as the physician watched the prince glance at Lynette similarly after every battle. The two were smitten, and Gaius was no fool when witnessing the first blossoms of young love. He had been there himself and knew just how another's man's destiny could disrupt something that precious. He was glad his daughter would experience love as he had but feared what others would use it for.

     "Oh my word," Lynette said as a giant of a man entered the arena to face Arthur.

     While most of Arthur's matches have been against knights, Lynette has met before; this next man was different. He was taller than all the rest and swung an axe with expert precision. Her eyes flickered over to Arthur, who watched him with a calculated gaze, not seeming fazed by the man's stature. Her heart raced at the thought of the bruises that would litter his body should the axe make contact.

     Merlin gaped at his size, "I'm pretty sure that's cheating."

     "Size is cheating now?" Gaius asked.