To us || Buttons x Elmer

I went through all my stories like: Angst... Angst... Angst... OOOH Fluffff... and back to angst... Turns out: I'm incapable of writing fluff (except for sometimes).

~ F

"EL! Get your lazy ass down here." Buttons was standing at the bottom of the stairs with a pick nick basket in his hand.
"What is it?" Elmer came down. His hair was all messy.
"It's out six years anniversary and you ain't gonna spend it in the office all day. We're going to the beach."
"Sounds good." Elmer smiled and kissed his boyfriend passionately. "I'm going to get ready. I'll be down at the car in 5." He sprinted up the stairs and got ready while Buttons walked down to the car and placed the basket in the back seat. He had it all planed out. The perfect spot, the perfect time, the perfect people and the perfect boy. It was a sunny day, but not to warm. It was an hours drive, but it was the most beautiful place they've ever been. It was also the place where they shared their first kiss.
"I'm ready." Elmer got Buttons out of his thoughts. That smile made Buttons fall in love with him each time again. "So, which one are we going to?"
"You know it when you see it." Buttons teased. He didn't want to give away to much to not spill the surprise.

The hour passed by quickly. It was filled with laughter, talking and scream singing along with their favorite songs, including 'Make you feel my love' from Adele and 'Defying gravity' from Wicked. The moment that Buttons parked the car the whole world began to shine brighter, because the sun that was Elmer was shining as bright as he possibly could.
"Where we first kissed." He stated with a small blush. Buttons took his hand and kissed it gently.
"Seemed like the perfect spot for our sixth year as boyfriends." Elmer nodded in agreement and quickly got out of the car. Buttons grabbed the pick nick basket quickly and took his boyfriend's hand in his. They walked together until they came to the exact spot of their first kiss.
"It looks exactly the same as it was six years ago." Buttons opened the pick nick basket and pulled out a blanket for them to sit on. Elmer took a glance inside the basket and his mouth filled with desire to taste all the things that were in there.
"Where did you get the time to make all of these?" Elmer teased Buttons.
"Well, unlike you, I actually spend time not doing work." Buttons teased back. He took a brownie out and handed it to Elmer.
"Wow! This is amazing!" Elmer's eyes grew wider and Buttons let out a soft chuckle.
"Your favorite, but with a little extra." Elmer quickly ate all of it and looked with a loving look at Buttons.
"You want to taste too?" He asked innocently. Buttons, getting what Elmer meant, nodded with a grin. They leaned down towards each other and kissed.
"So much sweeter then the first time."
"That's cause of the brownie, babe." Buttons couldn't help but laugh at Elmer's statement.
"I need you to stay right here. I'll be right back." Elmer pouted for a second, but let go of Buttons.

Buttons climbed over the dune and greeted Jack, Crutchie, Davey, Katherine, Sarah, Elmer, Race, Albert, Spot, Finch, Mike, Ike, Mush, Blink, JoJo, Specs, Romeo, Les, Henry and Sniper.
"You know the plan right?" They all nodded and walked to their positions. Buttons walked back to Elmer and gave the sign. The soft humming of different voices sounded and together they made a song. It was 'perfect' from Ed Sheeran. Elmer looked confused. From all around them their friends came walking towards them. Les was recording everything. Now Buttons began to sing softly.

I found a love for me
Darling, just dive right in
And follow my lead
Well, I found a boy, beautiful and sweet
I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
Darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes, you're holding mine

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, we're listenin' to our favorite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

Well, I found a man, stronger than anyone I know
He shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share his home
I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own

We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fightin' against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be my man, I'll be your man
I see my future in your eyes

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listenin' to our favorite song
When I saw you in that suit, looking so beautiful
I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, we're listenin' to our favorite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And he looks perfect
No, I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight

Buttons knelt down to one knee. Grabbed with his one hand a small red box and with his other Elmer's hand.
"Elmer. It was here that we shared our first kiss, it were these friends that supported us through thick and thin when the world was throwing stones at us and it are those eyes, your eyes, that I fell in love with. Your smile shines brighter than the sun and you make all the grey clouds fade away. I love you with all my heart and more. Will you marry me?" Elmer clasped one hand in front of his mouth. Tears of happiness fell down his face as he nodded and whispered a soft yes. Buttons smiled bright and placed the ring on Elmer's finger. He stood up and they kissed while the others cheered happily. Jack quickly ran over the dune and came back a minute later with champagne and glasses.

The rest of the day was filled with laughter, kisses and Elmer showing of the golden ring. During the most beautiful sunset any of them had ever seen, Jack raised his glass and asked for attention.
"I want to make a toast to Buttons and Elmer. You guys are like brothers to me and I, we love you very much. Now we are all together Davey, Crutchie and I want to make an announcement of our own. We're adopting twins!" They all began cheering again and congratulating the boys. "To Buttons and Elmer!" Jack yelled while raising his glass higher in the air.
"To Buttons and Elmer!" The group shouted in unison.
"To us." Buttons and Elmer said softly while kissing each other quickly.