Redemption Chapter Eleven

I know I said I'll post on monday, but I've got more work than I thought so it was impossible... But I'm posting now!And listen to the two songs PLEASE! Yeah, there are two songs in the video, Kiss Kiss and Man, two absolute favourites of mine. They are a bit particular so you might not like them... if you don't, stop them and don't waiste your eardrums listening to them, lol... But if you like them, you'll understand why I put them with this chapter... If you don't, it actually proves that I'm crazy.    :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Eleven

Lucifer raised an eyebrow, his face otherwise impassible. I kept my arms around Adam, even if he had briskly released me, as soon as Lucifer stepped into the room. I wanted to get a reaction out of him, at any cost.

Was it stupid? Yes.

Did it get me anywhere? No.

Did I care? No.

But I was tired of his perfect composure, of his smooth face, and of his mind games. I wanted him to be clear, for once, and to make me see how much he loved me. And, more than anything, I wanted him to tell those three words to me. They were so small, yet meant so much. They were far from being complex, yet the weight of their meaning was as heavy as the world on Atlas' shoulders. 

But he remained stubbornly insensible, driving me crazy. I tightened my hold around him, shooting Lucifer a defiant look, daring him to say anything. Daring him to say something that might betray all he felt for me. 

But he only leaned against the threshold, looking at me with detached coolness, as if he was above all mundane thing -namely what was happening before his eyes- such as me, his supposed.. um, I don't know, girlfriend?) in the arms of another guy. Well, it was more like I was clutching him in my arms and he was trying to get away, but it was a clear message, right? I was pissed at him. Big time. 

"Sorry for interrupting," he said calmly, but with a hint of bitter sarcasm in his voice. "But I just thought that you might want to know that Ethan, Allegra and I are going to the scene of the last Demon slaughtering, as it happens to be an abandoned house at the edge of the city. We're going to try to find some clues," he turned around, as if to go away, but I called out his name. He froze. I disengaged from the covers that were tangled with my legs and let go of Adam, to his relief. I walked up to Lucifer and dragged him to the bathroom, since I didn't want anyone to hear the conversation I was about to have with him. 

I closed the door behind us, leaning on it as I watched him lean back against the marble top of the cabinets, his arms crossed at his chest. I contemplated him for a moment. He was unsettling, all of him, but what was the most captivating, what caught my attention the most, were his mismatched eyes. I don't know if it was the difference in their color that gave them this intensity I craved so much. But they were intense. And piercing... and I wanted to kiss him so badly. 

But instead, I marched up to him and pointed a finger at him, poking his chest. 

"You're absolutely infuriating!" I hissed, trying to keep my voice low. 

He didn't react, just gazed at me with that perfect coolness of his. 

"Doesn't anything of what we... last night... does it matter at all to you?" I asked, at a loss for words. 

His hands flew to my cheeks as his eyes plunged into mine, glowing like two blue fiery pits. I tried to get away from him, to pull free from his intoxicating touch. 

"It does," he growled. "And that's why I rather you keep your hands off other guys. Good thing you dragged me off here, because if you didn't... I would've ripped Adam in pieces, his fault or not. But now, I can rip your clothes in pieces. Which is a good consolation prize."