🍃Four Years Later🍃

Y/n's POV

It's been four years since the incident. Since then, Dazai has been keeping his promise and looking after me. I'm not the same anymore. I only smile if something hilarious enough happens or if remembering Saku. Losing him was probably the worst thing to happen to me. The second worst was probably leaving Chuuya behind with nothing. No note and no goodbye.

Currently I was stuck with Kunikida, walking along the river looking for Dazai. He decided it would be a good idea to jump off a bridge while we were on a job. Trust me, having a suicidal caretaker is way harder than you'd expect. We were looking for a tiger before he got the oh such great idea. Though, Dazai has been a lot calmer and kinder since Saku's death as well. 

Kunikida and I finally spot him with a boy at the edge of the river. We walk down some steps and Kunikida starts yelling at him. 

"Hey! So this is where you were, oaf!" Kunikida tends to insult Dazai a lot. I don't blame him at all of course. 

Leaving the Mafia and joining the agency had a huge upside to it. In the agency, thanks to the president's ability, I was finally able to use my ability longer and control it better. It made it a lot safer to use and made it easier to save people. 

I activate my ability to slow the water down enough to be able to walk across it safely without falling in. Slowing the water made it impossible for it to act as a proper liquid, but rather closer to a solid. Once I was across safely, I released my ability and the water continued to move as per usual, the boy was quite shocked by it. 

He has silverish asymmetrical hair. He's wearing some pretty roughed up clothes and looks exhausted. After awhile of looking at him Dazai introduces me. 

"This is N/n-Chan! She is also one of my associates. She's pretty expressionless most times but she's kind." I walk right up beside Dazai and tilt my head at the boy. 

"Listen to me! Y/n-Chan! Get him to listen to me!" Kunikida yells from across the river. I ignore him and so does Dazai. 

"So what's your name?" Dazai asks. 

"It's Nakajima, Atsushi." The boy 'Atsushi' replies.  My first thought of him was that he looked innocent, yet so broken. I straighten my posture and just stand there casually. 

"Come with me Atsushi-Kun. What do you want to eat?" Dazai turns around and starts walking a bit. I stay put until the boy answers. 

"Hmm...uh..I guess I'd like some Chazuke." He says nervously. I turn to Dazai who starts laughing loudly. Not knowing why I raise an eyebrow confused. 

"You're on the brink of starvation, and you're asking for Chazuke!" He laughs some more before it falters. Understanding now I smile softly. "You even got N/n-Chan to smile! Very well. Kunikida-Kun will treat you to thirty bowls of that!" Kunikida tries lecturing Dazai from across the river but honestly it's like he's talking to nobody. He mentions Dazai's name at the end to which the boy looks curiously at him. 

"Dazai?" He asks. My smile falls.

"Yeah, that's my name. Dazai. Dazai, Osamu." I walk over to Dazai and pull him away. I was sort of thirsty so I wanted to go. He chuckles a bit before turning and walking away. The boy reluctantly follows. He doesn't seem too dangerous yet and I have a good feeling I'll be seeing more of him.

_________

We were sitting in a tea house while Atsushi ate the food Kunikida so graciously-not offered. I was just drinking some bottled water while they spoke about their job. Atsushi was speaking with his mouth full and somehow Kunikida understood him. I drank some more water before closing it and placing it on the table.