Alaric's touch had sent me into a frenzy, I wanted more. My hands slipped against his opened shirt; searching for the muscular hardness of his chest and torso. My fingertips had a mind of their own as they ran over his skin. Alaric groaned softly into my mouth and with a new surge of desire, his mouth was frantic against my own,  consuming me with his kiss. The way his mouth moved against mine was pure bliss, making me thirsty for more. We had never kissed like this before, Alaric's kisses had been gentle with a gust of power. These kisses were more heated and bold, soothing my aching body but left me in a spiral of aching for more.

Alaric's hand trailed up and down my body, feeling every ounce of my bare skin, leaving a line of pinpricks. I moaned into his mouth and without warning, he deepened the kiss even further, stroking his tongue against mine; sinfully. The sensations were overpowering, my core inflamed, my head pulsed with need. My eyes squeezed shut tightly, feeling Alaric's hand trailing down my body towards the sweet spot between my legs.

My sense of realisation descended on me, alarms of warning blared at the back of my mind.

This wasn't right.

The heat was controlling my body, making me forget what Alaric had done. My eyes flew open and I almost screamed out as I used all my strength to push him away from me. My mouth ripped away from his, as his arms loosened around my body and he stumbled back slightly.

"NO!" I yelled, scrambling to sit up and grab the damp sheets to cover myself. The feel of the fabric touching me was unpleasant, but I ignored the stinging itch. I was breathless from both the kisses and from the dulling pain that was making itself known.

The feeling of heat that had almost gone, came shooting back, at full force. I screamed out, the fire was punishing my body for pushing my mate away.

My body trembled and shook, as every single second I was pummelled with the unbearable pain of heat. My cries were strangled in my throat, tears drenching my cheeks.

"What the hell!" Alaric growled out, a fierce look of lust in his eyes.

"Get away from me!" I screeched out.

Fire danced in his eyes, the familiar red flecks making themselves present in his brown eyes. The way that he towered over me was primal, his body net down slightly as if he was about to go in for the kill. The light of the moon illuminated him, giving him a powerful aura of pure dominance.

Alaric moved so slowly, his body crouched over me as he placed his hands back on my body. 

"I will end this whether you like it or not!"

"No, don't you dare take advantage of me!" I cried out as burning pulses invaded my body all over. Alaric's hand soothed my skin, cooling the burning flushes, evoking a million sensations.

"You don't care for me Alaric, you don't even know what love is!" I shouted out, scrambling further away, pushing his hands away as I tried to hold the sheet up. It was no use, Alaric was too quick, his hands found their way back to me. The way he held me in his tight grip was almost impossible to break free from.

Every time I ripped away from him, the fire burned me.

Every time he put his hands back on me, the fire died out.

I shook as another wave punished me, but all I could think about was that Alaric only wanted this to end because of the mate pull. He didn't love me, he clearly didn't care about me. My body was acting as a signal for sex. It was utterly degrading and shameful.

Tears blurred my vision and I held back a sob. "How can we mate knowing you're only doing it because of the mate pull! This isn't love!"

Ripping myself away from Alaric, I ended up tumbling off the bed and landing in a twisted heap on the hard floor. I didn't feel the impact of the collision, the pain of the heat was all that I felt.