return to the light side

Real quick warning. Patton makes some mistakes in how he handles things and is not very nice when talking about the dark sides. Also theres an F bomb and Virgil has a meltdown. Okay enjoy the chapter!

Virgil was anxious but excited. Dee and even Remus had helped him double check that he had everything he needed. They had hugged and hed promised to be back within two days max. Then he had left.

He was currently outside of the door to the light sides. He had planned this. Had gone over it in his head again and again and Janus had convinced him that it was going to be okay but he was still nervous. He shifted a few times, lifted his hand to knock but thought better of it, deciding knocking would be too loud and slowly creaked the door open.

No one was in sight and he honestly didnt know if he was disappointed or relieved. He slung his bag off his back and onto the couch and ventured a little further into the living room. As it was in his nature to notice changes he immediately spotted a few differences. There were tracks worn into the fuzzy rug and books spread all over the coffee table as well as several mostly empty cups of coffee. Like Logan had been researching something but to the extreme.

He approached the table and picked up one of the books, flipping it over to read the cover. His stomach dropped when he realized it was a book about all the innerwoekings and diffrent places in the mind palace. They must have been looking for him.

His guilty thoughts were interrupted by the sound of footsteps down the hall and he immediately tensed up and whirled around. Only to come face to face with a slack jawed Logan.

Virgil stood there for a second, not quite sure what to do or how to explain but he didnt need to because Logan was rushing forward to envelop him in a bone crushing hug that caused him to emit a small squeak.

"Oh thank god you're alright." Virgil didnt quite know how to respond. He was used to hugs from Patton but Logan? He wasnt huge on physical affection. But the hug from Logan felt...good. so he relaxed into the embrace untill he felt something warm and were on his shoulder and pulled back. Was Logan...crying? But as soon as he was able to see his face Logan was quick to swipe his hand across it and compose himself but Virgil still caught the sparkling of a tear in his eye.

Logan didnt let go of his shoulder as he called for the others
"Patton! Roman! Come quickly!"

There was a scuffling and thumping from upstairs as the two others rushed to see what was going on. Virgil froze and his heart pounded. He wasnt sure he was ready for this. Oh god was this a mistake?

"My dear nerd, whatever is going on?"

"Logan what's wrong? What hap-"

Patton stops midsentence when he sees Virgil and let's out a choked sound before running over and crushing him in a hug.
"Oh my gosh Virgil! We were so worried! We've been looking for you everywhere! We even went to the dark sides and Deceit was acting super fishy. We thought he had kidnapped you! Oh my goodness you're alright! You're home and you're alright!"

Virgil didnt quite know how to respond to the constant stream of words coming from Patton so he just hugged him back with a small smile.
"Hey pop star."

Patton sniffled at the nick name and pulled away with a beaming smile.
Roman shifted in the background and Virgil opened his arms in invitation which he took. All three of them.had such diffrent hugs. Virgil couldn't help but think. Pattons of course was warm and reassuring. Roman's was strong and protective. And surprisingly Logans was firm and stable with a hint of safety.

Eventually everyone pulled back to give him room to breathe. But then roman spoke up.

"So where were you?" He seemed a hit suspicious. Virgil's mouth immediately dried out. Right. He forgot they were likely going to ask this. All eyes turned to him, waiting expectantly.