a little comfort

(Hi. I want to reiterate that this stuff is strictly platonic whilst Virgil is regressed. Idk if I want to have him and Deceit in a relationship when he is out of small space yet but when he is small nothing is romantic or sexual. just fyi) *Also sorry, I love hurt/comfort and I couldn't help myself*

Virgil was so shocked he was almost snapped out of his crying. almost. Dee...had come. Virgil could hardly believe it. He had thought Deciet would never want to see him again yet here he was, comforting Virgil, answering his call. And sudenly virgil was questioning why he had ever left, why he hadn't brought the dark sides with him. His companions...his family. He wrapped his arms around Deceit's torso returning the embrace as he quietly sobbed into his collar.

"Shhhh...Storm cloud it's alright" Deceit murmured running a hand through Virgil's hair.

And just like that, surrounded by a familiar comfort, Virgil felt himself slipping. But this time he didn't try to fight it. He knew Dee would take care of him. He always had before. So he let go. For the first time since joining the light sides Virgil allowed himself to regress.

"Dee Dee." he sniffled

the hand in his hair paused for a second to wipe the tears from his eyes. "I know Storm cloud- I know."

there was a beat, and then-

"Would you like to go to my room?"

Virgil nodded vigorously and clutched tightly to Dee as he stood up

"I've got you Virgil, don't worry." he hummed shifting virgil so he was carrying him bridal style. "I'm going to sink out okay? unless you would prefer I walked?"

Virgil shook his head. Sinking out sometimes spooked him when he was small but the alternitive meant one of the light sides might spot them. Something Dee seemed to understand and be taking into consideration.

"okay then."

and with that they were sinking. Virgil squeezed his eyes shut and hid his hands in his face. It was cold and loud and dark.

And then it was light again and hands were gently brining his own away from his face as he was set down on a soft surface.

Blinking, he realized where he was. Dee's room. He was in Dee's room.

Just then Deciet started to stand up and Virgil let out a whine. Was Dee going to leave him now? He began to tear up again at the thought.

"Shhh. shhh. Baby bat, I'm not going anywhere. I was just going to get your things for you. Wouldn't you like to see Iris again?"

Virgil perked up at that. Dee had kept his little things for him? He nodded vigorously and made grabby hands at Deceit, who clucked his tongue and chuckled.

"Patience little one." he disappeared for a split second into his closet, and then he was emerging with a black and purple chest.

Setting it on the bed next to Virgil he opened it up to reveal all of Virgil's regression items. Colouring books, Sippy cups, cute oversized outfits and more. But what had Virgil's attention at the moment was the blue and purple bat resting at the top of the pile.

"Iris!" he squealed excitedly, and Deceit smiled reaching into the chest to hand the bat to the small side on his bed.

As soon as Iris was in his grasp Virgil was hugging her tightly and rubbing his face against her soft fur.

Deceit had kept all of this for him. Hadn't thrown it away or gotten rid of it, he'd kept it even after Virgil left. At that thought Virgil began to wonder if he deserved the kindness Deceit was showing him right now. He had been there for Virgil and he had left, without even saying goodbye in person...

"Dee Dee?"

"Yes storm cloud?" Virgil felt the bed beside him dip as Deceit sat down next to him.

"I-I'm sorry...for leaving." he hiccupped sadly

he was about to continue but Deceit cut him off. "Shhh...don't worry about that right now. That is a conversation for big Virgil okay? Definitely not for a baby like you."

there was a pause then. In which Virgil had the time to feel a little bit relieved if not a little confused before-

"Vee can I touch you?" Deceit held out a gloved hand to him in offering. Instead of answering Virgil flung himself into Deceits lap and sent them both careening back against the pile of pillows on Deceit's bed.

Deceit let out and 'OOMPH' upon impact but only chuckled and threaded his fingers through Virgil's hair, humming a song he knew always relaxed the smol bean.

Virgil sighed in contentment. God he had missed this, the feeling of just being comforted and safe and loved. He snuggled up to Dee letting all his worries fade away for the moment as he relaxed into the familiarity.

They layed there for a while. Long enough for Virgils eyes to droop and yawn to make its way onto his face.

beside him Deceit smirked, "I think its past someone's bedtime..." he commented, booping Virgil on the nose for added affect.

"Nooooooooooo" Virgil protested but the tired tone in his voice gave him away and he pouted.

"Yesssssssssssss" Deceit countered knowing it made Virgil giggle when he used his snakey voice. "In fact I believe it is an hour past your regular bedtime."

"okay..." Virgil relented as Deceit pressed a kiss to his forehead, but then jumped in suprise when Dee stood up leaving him cold and alone as the other side turned out the light switch and began to head out the door.

"Where you going?" he questioned.

Deceit blinked "I was going to sleep on the couch...I didn't want to make you uncomfortable."

Virgil looked appaled. Deceit had always snuggled with him when he was little. He didn't want him to leave.

"stay." he said clutching Iris and pointing at the bed."

Deceit looked between him and the door. "Are you sure stormcloud?"

"Stay." Virgil repeated pointing at the bed again.

Deceit smiled as he crossed the room to lay down next to virgil.

"Well I suppose if you're sure...Goodnight babybat."

"Night' DeeDee."