And there everything fell.

She sat on the counter, legs wrapped around some man who was kissing her agressively as he gripped her waist, the smell of alcohol surrounding them.
Everything shattered.
All the gifts and sweaters, all the expensive dates, all the dreams he had with her.

Gone.

Soon after, he stopped loving. Seeing love as some game people do. Seeing love as a chore, taking care of someone like a baby. He became cold, unresponsive, uncooperative, isolated.

He didn't want anything to do with that sick yet lovely feeling, butterflies flying around in stomach, and hearts pumping.

I always had myself to blame
I hid my fragile dreams away
My heart was like a Valentine
No one cared to read the rhyme.

Soon he was the heartbreaker, girls who tried to fix him ended up get their own hearts broken. Talking and socializing became a chore, soon even uploading and streaming was something he didn't have motivation for.

Though when the stars became like small Christmas lights in the sky, and the moon being the only light that shined through his window.
He dreamed of someone to love, someone he could hug, someone he could get lost with.

I watched the world go by
Lovers hand in hand
I could not understand

He remembers when he would see lovers walking together, hand intertwined with bright smiles.
He couldn't understand it.
How could two people risk loving? When one day one of those two will find another, betray all the small secrets and promises they made.

But that was long ago!

Then he met y/n, she was a childhood friend of Travis who recently moved near their neighborhood.

One night, the boys had decided to have a cook out on the balcony. A small party with some friends. Soft music played while people chatted, holding beers, and cooking food.
Travis said he was bring a friend over, but no one except Carson knew who it was.

Until a small knock came to the door, and a bright smile spread across Travis's face and he got up, almost running to the front door.
He opened the door, "Y/N!" Travis screamed getting a high pitched giggle.
"Hiya Trav!" A female voice responds,
Everyone except Cooper seems to care about this mystery girl. All going to the front door to meet this girl, all talking her as she walks up to the balcony.

"the sight up here is lovely!" She gasps, this made Cooper finally look. And it almost seemed like his whole world stopped.
Like time seemed to slow down, once he looked into her eyes he was speechless.

Golden hour hitting her face perfectly, light brown eyes turned into bright yellow soft pools of honey in seconds.
But he kept quiet, though always kept glancing at her. As she made jokes with Travis and hugging Carson saying they haven't seen each other in so long.

Soon the night fell. All the food that was set on the table was now gone, or were taken for leftovers. People were getting up to leave, or decided to stay inside to play video games.

But Cooper stayed out, smoking a blunt and watching the clouds. Looking at the moon and the clouds at moved ever so slowly as it covered the millions of stars above.