Cahill's dragon surged forth, "It was that man, Mr. Chromeon. He had attacked the woman and I had to do something." He prayed it was enough, but his father pressed.

"This woman? The woman who launched an investigation on this man? Who wasted hundreds of dollars of overtime payment for an investigation?" his father inquired.

"Yes," Cahill replied through his teeth.

His father seemed even more perturbed by this. "Why would you waste your time on this? Why risk your exposure...OUR exposure as a world?" His father rose to his feet and began to pace, "Cahill, you know better. Now you have revealed the very world you swore to protect. Why in the world did you do such a stupid and idiotic thing?"

Cahill felt it surging forward, his dragon and the truth, "SHE IS MY FATED ONE!"

The words echoed in the hollow hall while he yielded to his dragon. He closed his eyes and let the change take over, surrendering to the bright green reptilian eyes, the smokey scales that covered his being, the fire that brewed beneath. The dragon where Cahill once stood towered above the others in the room in their human form. His keen eyes scanned the room, almost as if they were daring anyone to argue his last word.

And someone did. There was a second loud roar and soon stood a dragon of equal size, red scales, hazel eyes: his father. "WHAT?!"

"Now, Henry, let's calm down," his mother called. Cahill looked around and saw his mother standing need his father's foot, her eyes glowing. A sign of their bond, of their connections.

His father's eyes began to glow in turn, "My Annelise. This cannot happen."

"Perhaps we can all cool our heads and heels and discuss further?" a new voice suggested. Turning, Sir Reginald indicated he was the owner of the idea. Both Cahill and his father nodded and closed their eyes. Slowly, the change returned them back to their human forms and they slowly trudged back to their seats.

"Now," Sir Reginald began. "King Henry, there is no need to be alarmed. Nor you, Queen Annelise." He looked over at Cahill, who was deep in thought and reflection, and continued. "Our Crown Prince has found his Fated One and that is a reason for celebration."

"But a human?!" his father questioned, half to Sir Reginald, half to his son.

Sir Reginald smiled and nodded, "Indeed. Certainly a shock." He walked over to a nearby table where a bag rested. "Prince Cahill came to me and confided about this to me not terribly long ago. So I did some digging."

Queen Annelise turned to her son, sorrow filling her face. "You didn't tell us first?"

Cahill scoffed and motioned to the room, "Well, look around. You see how well it went just now." He rolled his eyes and hung his head, looking at his hands. Thinking about Evie's hands on his.

"I'm sorry, my dear," his mother replied. "You're right."

"What about the reveal, Annelise? He can't do that?!" his father huffed.

Sir Reginald nodded, "You're right, he can't. Shouldn't. But he did." His eyes narrowed and his voice lowered, "For. His. Fated. One." He emphasized each word, making sure their weight was felt by his audience. "Now, can I explain?"

The King and Queen nodded while the Prince shrugged, only partly listening to the circus. The elders circled around Sir Reginald and all waited for his research. Please having the attention of the room, Sir Reginald smiled and clasped his hands together. "We all know the stories of King Audley and his heroic decision to establish the Cavern of Mythics to protect our very existence. His use of the draught to protect us and help the humans forget has shielded us from suspicion and allowed us to venture out and make businesses and a future for us. We can continue our mission to help humans without them knowing."